Making lemonade...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making lemonade...

So I had a 1/2 day guide trip scheduled for last Friday morning with a single teenager. As usual, I called the night before to touch base before the trip and got one of those voicemails where he acts like he's answering and can't hear you. I left a message and was hopeful he'd show up as had been previously planned. An hour after we were supposed to meet and a bunch of unanswered texts and voicemails later, I decided to make some lemonade with the undesired lemons this kid left me. I was close to the WMA and had never fished one of the tribs where I suspected the potential for tigers so that was the plan. I figured I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning but, fortunately, I did not get struck by lightning and I did find an awesome tiger! At first I thought I just had a big brookie but when I realized what it was I quickly got my hat under it to help ensure I could get some evidence since I didn't bring a net. I still can't believe how lucky I was to find this wild fish that I have dreamed of encountering for years and never thought I'd find. Although I really did need the money for that trip, this bucket list fish is FAR more valuable and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Well are you gonna post a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
      Well are you gonna post a picture?
      Apparently I cannot anymore...

Error uploading image
      • Upload failed. You have exceeded your usergroup's upload quota of 1.00 MB by 2.05 MB.
      "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher062305 View Post

Apparently I cannot anymore...

Error uploading image
        • Upload failed. You have exceeded your usergroup's upload quota of 1.00 MB by 2.05 MB.
        Just upload it to imgbb.com or imgur.com and post the link here.

Comment

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Mark

Comment

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Mark

Comment

That's amazing. I didn't even know tiger trout existed in Georgia!

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
                That's amazing. I didn't even know tiger trout existed in Georgia!
                Thanks! There are plenty of stocked tigers at the pay to play waters but the wild ones are truly rare.

Mark

Comment

Iíve got to hear more about this guide. Is it legal to guide on WMAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                  -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

My understanding is the fly shop in Blue Ridge has a permit from the government for guiding in WMAs.

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                      Iíve got to hear more about this guide. Is it legal to guide on WMAs?

I am the guide and my client trip was for private water, NOT for the WMA. When the kid didn't show for his trip, I decided to go fish in the WMA.

Mark

Comment

Wow. What an amazing catch! Great stuff. Glad you got to post the pic.
                        Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

That fish is bawse. Looks like he was in the 12" range? Nice catch!
                          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                          -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                          -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                            That fish is bawse. Looks like he was in the 12" range? Nice catch!
                            I was in such shock that I didn't think to even guestimate the length at the time but based on the pics, I'm guessing it was at least 10".

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher062305 View Post

I am the guide and my client trip was for private water, NOT for the WMA. When the kid didn't show for his trip, I decided to go fish in the WMA.
                              That makes a whole lot more sense. May have to make those types put up some cash first.

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                              -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                              X