Success in the Rhododendron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success in the Rhododendron

I caught a mess of natives. It'll be a day I remember forever. I started off far out in the back country on a stream I had never been to, but it just didn't work out. So I headed over to a place I had caught a couple before, but this time I went further and higher, and it paid off! The first 3 came out of the second run. I laid low and presented my small yellow stimulator as gently as I could. It was a beautiful day, and the fish put on quite the show of colors. I'm so glad I fought through the initial frustration of hanging my fly on all the mess of branches and rhododendron. Hope you enjoy these photos.

IMG_20190628_110307.jpgIMG_20190628_111005.jpgIMG_20190628_112432~2.jpgIMG_20190628_112459.jpgIMG_20190628_113452.jpgIMG_20190628_120831.jpg
    Last edited by Bricksworth; 07-01-19, 09:33 PM.

Nice pics! Glad you had a good day

Comment

The water clarity looks amazing. I'm used to looking at the hooch below Lanier, lol Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

SSWEEETT!
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Nice fish and pics. The one in the net is real beauty.

Comment

Now those are some great-looking specks. Nice job!
              Speck

Follower of Christ
              Pursuer of trout
              -------------------------------------------------
              "Your genuine action will explain itself and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing." -- Emerson

Comment

Were these caught in Georgia? I hope that is not too "specific" lol.

Comment

Yes sir! Good ol' natives. Not every one understands the secrecy or the reason behind searching out these fish, but it is a rewarding accomplishment.

Comment

Wow those are pretty.
                    I can appreciate what you went through to get to those guys, as I've found myself getting frustrated just fishing somewhat tight cover on stocked rainbow streams recently haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    _yero on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by orey10m View Post
                      Wow those are pretty.
                      I can appreciate what you went through to get to those guys, as I've found myself getting frustrated just fishing somewhat tight cover on stocked rainbow streams recently haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Bricksworth View Post
                        Yes sir! Good ol' natives. Not every one understands the secrecy or the reason behind searching out these fish, but it is a rewarding accomplishment.
                        Yes, I get it! I am new to bluelining and chasing brookies but the only place I can seem to find them is on the border of other states. I was just wondering if all of these posts were from NC and I was being clueless about it.

FWIW, I caught my first authentic Appalachian strain Georgia brookie a few months ago. Not in love with that drive up from ATL though!

Comment

Wonderful. I have caught only one native and it was a treat.

Comment

Working...
                          X