Good day at Wildcat Creek on Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day at Wildcat Creek on Friday

Friday I had the day off. I usually use my fly rod to fish, but it was broken. So I had to use my spinning reel. Stopped by unicoi outfitters. Got advise from Wes to try a F7 rainbow trout rapala. I arrived at Wildcat around 9:15 AM. The sliding rock hole was empty so I decided to try it with the rapala. I had a wonderful time. Ended up catch 20 brown trout total in 2 hours. About 30 minutes into fishing two older couples in their 70 to 80's showed up to the hole. I had a wonderful time talking and fishing with them. They caught all of their limit also. I had never caught a brown there before. It was so much fun catching them with the rapala. The browns were hitting it like a bass. I hope to go back soon. Maybe I get meet the great couples again. Would post pictures, but can't get them to post on here since the update.

Finally was able to get pictures to work.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good times! It's always good to meet fellow trout anglers on the water. Glad you got into them like you did.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Awesome...i haven't been up that way in years! Time to grab a map and hit some blue lines!!!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Browns View Post
          Awesome...i haven't been up that way in years! Time to grab a map and hit some blue lines!!!
          I have not also until recently. Time before was about 10 years ago. Used to go camping up there. Remember it snowing 8 inches on the mountain at the end of March. Driving back home passing helen and they only had about half an inch.

Comment

Swamp angel remember when this was sacred small stream territory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
              Swamp angel remember when this was sacred small stream territory?
              Looks like some stockers to me, most of them dead. I don't see anything to be concerned about in this thread.

I haven't seen Swamp Angel on the board in a good long while but I guess that's his prerogative. But if you PMed him and he did not answer, and if you have an issue with what is posted, PM me. I'm not going to discuss this on the board or what a mod told you previously per the rules at the top.

PS. Seems I missed several PMs (trout4life and Kelly Hinson particularly) over the past few months because this new vbuletin system does not constantly nag as a default as the previous system did. I apologize for that. Adding that to the list to have looked at.
              Last edited by THE EG; 08-26-19, 03:30 PM.
              If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Anybody that thinks Wildcat Creek is a "sacred small stream" needs to really get a life.

Comment

Amen! I say any stream that comes out on the DNR’s “Weekly Stocking Report” email is NOT a secret! The state is advertising the fact that trout are in there!
                  - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
                  Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

I used to camp up there a lot in the early 90's. Did find another strip off of Wildcat about half a mile back in the woods about 8 miles up from wildcat creek road. Had a nice waterfall off of it. Wonder if it could hold some wild rainbows also?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
                      Amen! I say any stream that comes out on the DNR’s “Weekly Stocking Report” email is NOT a secret! The state is advertising the fact that trout are in there!
                      THIS! Not to say they aren't places in the general area if you do your homework but Wildcat is the main branch and stocked pretty heavily when the road is open.

SIdenote:EG finally saw my PM. LOL. Me, him and Phil might have to grab a beer or a splash of Buffalo Trace when fishing in the area.

Comment

Nice catch and pics

Comment

Loving that stringer of trout. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of stocked browns, but they sure as heck better than the super market fish
                          Good report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X