Smith Creek Slam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Creek Slam

Got up to Smith Creek today. The fish are spread out compared to opening day of DH. It is still fishing well though. I brought 25 to hand and missed at least 10 more. Most were brown trout but I did manage a slam with one brook.

The fish seem healthy and fatter...

pics to come for proof

We were there today as well - got there early and had a great morning fishing - lots of willing browns and bows - no slam though we tried. Black crystal woolly buggers with green copper john dropper - even used a sex dungeon and got hammered. PT droppers worked as well. We did notice that the fish were scattered all over the creek which is a good thing. Started getting crowded around noon.

Comment

Originally posted by revwayne View Post
      We were there today as well - got there early and had a great morning fishing - lots of willing browns and bows - no slam though we tried. Black crystal woolly buggers with green copper john dropper - even used a sex dungeon and got hammered. PT droppers worked as well. We did notice that the fish were scattered all over the creek which is a good thing. Started getting crowded around noon.
      I'm hearing a lot of great comments about the sex dungeon streamer

Comment

Lately I have been naming projects at work after fly patterns, but I don't think I should use Sex Dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
          Lately I have been naming projects at work after fly patterns, but I don't think I should use Sex Dungeon.
          That depends on where you work.....

You are probably right.

Comment

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=75030

Chuck Morris sent me this link of Rocky1525's version of the sex dungeon streamer

Comment

It is the one fly I've found that the creek chubs won't attempt to take...there's a lot of material on the fly and Rocky's tie looks like the ones I tie - they work. when you're tying those bad boys don't get in a hurry.

Comment

Congratulations on the slam dude!
                I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
                -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Working...
                X