No announcement yet.

Tallulah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive the sidebar questions, but is this area likely the type to be jam packed for Labor Day? Taking my dad on our second annual pop/son trip for his birthday that weekend and looking for shorter crowds, relatively easy camping, and good fishing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
      ...Randy,

...were you fishing near the campsites, or up the river 2 bridges or so...??

Blessings!

Jimmy
      I pulled over at the first spot past the Coleman River and fished about 100 yards past the next bride. I wanted to get hang of the Tenkara on something a little bit wider. I had planned on going on up after I got comfortable with the new rod. But I kept catching fish.
      "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Originally posted by WadingThroughLife View Post
        Forgive the sidebar questions, but is this area likely the type to be jam packed for Labor Day? Taking my dad on our second annual pop/son trip for his birthday that weekend and looking for shorter crowds, relatively easy camping, and good fishing. Thanks!

From my experience Labor Day Weekend is not to awful bad. Folks like to stay home and watch football or have gone on a dove shoot. But this area can get crowded. Its a little rough getting up and down the banks for a lot of the river if your dad is a little older. But there are several places he can fish.
        "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

It was jammed packed a few years ago when I took three newbies fishing on that Saturday. We did find a little room, but it was tough; although it would have been easier if I wasn't trying to keep four close together. Don't know how the campgrounds were. And yes, some places are tough to navigate. Honestly, I'd expect to deal with crowded condition on any stocked stream that weekend, if the weather's nice.

Comment

I can't think of anywhere in Georgia that would be more crowded on a holiday weekend than the Tallulah River around those camp grounds. Maybe Rock Creek.
            If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
            X