Great speck day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great speck day!

Buckman1 & myself headed to the stream around 8:00am. Not long after getting there, Bowmaster joined us for the fun. It started off very slow with very few hits. For me, it was my first time switching from a spinner rod to a fly rod. It didn't take long for me to get the hang of it and it was quite effective as the day wore on. After a deludge of rain & thunder erupted above our heads, the bite turned on like a switch and just got better & better. The specks got bigger and bigger too! We caught several 5-7 inches, a ton of tiny ones, and then Bamm!! I caught my two personal best specks!! And 10 1/2 incher followed by an 11 incher!!
    I want to personally thank Buckman1 for taking the time to hit the stream with me yesterday. Looking forward to more of these trips in the future!!!

One of many 5-7 inchers
    Attached Files

Comment

Me stalking my prey with my new toy
      Attached Files

Comment

My record the smallest speck ever caught. I'm very excited about this whooper!
        Attached Files

Comment

One of my Personal Bests
          Attached Files

Comment

Another photo
            Attached Files

Comment

And one more. Sorry for the sideways quality of this one. This is my 11 incher. I took it off the computer and will update the quality when I get off work this evening. Thanks for looking ya'll
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Deerhuntingdawg; 08-24-15, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Nice! , Specks make everything alright!
                If I ever think of something worthwhile it will be here !

Comment

Nicely done!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Well done sir, well done!!!
                    "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                    ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Danggit now I'm even more upset work kept me from hitting it with you guys.

Joey sent me some pics of yall killing it out there.
                      I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

You guys did great. You have a couple of real trophies there.
                        If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by Deerhuntingdawg View Post
                          My record the smallest speck ever caught. I'm very excited about this whooper!
                          Right after I took this picture, Glenn swallowed this fish alive... At first I was a little uneasy about it but where I come from you've got to be tough, and can't let something like that intimidate you when you're trying to catch fish.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                            Right after I took this picture, Glenn swallowed this fish alive... At first I was a little uneasy about it but where I come from you've got to be tough, and can't let something like that intimidate you when you're trying to catch fish.
                            It was surprisingly tasty too! Kinda like bony sushi
                            Last edited by Deerhuntingdawg; 09-18-15, 02:43 AM.

Comment

You guys got into some trophy specks! Fine specimens right there!

Comment

Working...
                              X