Dukes this past weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes this past weekend

Was fortunate enough to fish Duke's this past weekend and had a blast up until I hung a monster brown, the biggest brown I have ever had on the line. We were just waiting for the van so I had turned off gopro. I decided to make a few casts while waiting and just flipped my fly out close to me and wham!!!!! I set the hook and he took off like a rocket.........Jumped way up in the air where his entire body was out of the water and I couldn't believe my eyes. I got all excited and then my line was slack. He had spit the fly that fast. Vance was fishing downstream of me and the fish almost landed in his lap so he can vouch that he was in the 28+ range. It was the monster brown I have been after for a long time and I am still sick to my stomach over it. I know where he calls home though and he and I will dance again. Aside from that, I did catch some good fish and had a blast. Here is a video and pics

VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rFOcH4VMHw

Trout1 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Trout by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Trout4 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Trout3 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Trout5 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

MeAndTrout by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Hillis by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Trout2 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    Last edited by Prowler; 11-01-17, 08:52 AM.
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

I didn't read anything you wrote since I was too angry after seeing all the pretty fish and having received no invitation.
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Kevin, it was cool seeing ya. Too bad I had to leave early after breaking my esn.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        I didn't read anything you wrote since I was too angry after seeing all the pretty fish and having received no invitation.
        Hillis said he invited you and you wanted to go but you had a speaking engagement
        I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoshKimchi View Post
          Kevin, it was cool seeing ya. Too bad I had to leave early after breaking my esn.
          Dang sorry to hear that. I broke my esn up there couple years back. Did you have to walk back?

------Team Norvise------
          sigpic

Comment

He's not lying that dang brown was 28+ all day, if I knew what was going on I could have caught him mid air. I don't have pics of them but I'm pretty sure I caught the 2 smallest trout in dukes first was 3" second had him beat by about a inch lol. Now that I've set my standard up there there's no place left to go but up right? Haha can't wait til next time.
            It's the little things that get us through the day, like where am I gonna fish this weekend?

Comment

Great video and pics, beautiful fish! I really enjoyed fishing with you. Looking forward to the next time.
              "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
                Great video and pics, beautiful fish! I really enjoyed fishing with you. Looking forward to the next time.
                Always a pleasure fishing with you Hillis. Tooga here we come!!!

------Team Norvise------
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vance1012 View Post
                  He's not lying that dang brown was 28+ all day, if I knew what was going on I could have caught him mid air. I don't have pics of them but I'm pretty sure I caught the 2 smallest trout in dukes first was 3" second had him beat by about a inch lol. Now that I've set my standard up there there's no place left to go but up right? Haha can't wait til next time.
                  Sorry Vance, I own that record....

Comment

Originally posted by bigorangefan View Post

------Team Norvise------
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigorangefan View Post
                      It's the little things that get us through the day, like where am I gonna fish this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X