New line, for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New line, for me

This past weekend I decided to get away from the crowds and hit a small line. Turns out there was a fifty km trail race along my path, and the access road was a mess, so much for avoiding the crowds.

None the less, once I hiked in far enough I had some solitude. It was a gorgeous area with many waterfalls, but the fishing was slow, dang near dead. Saw three fish, caught three fish.

Some of the scenery

And the return of the hat net

Fishing, good or bad, still equates to a better day than chores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd, I would've had that one high on my list to check out. I wonder if these places are just slow this time of year because the fresh class of rainbows aren't big enough yet.
    -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

I know which race you're talking about. Had a couple of friends run that one. I used to be into those long trail runs until fly fishing took over my life. haha

Anyway, maybe it's the sudden drop in temperature that kept the fish from biting.
      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Originally posted by ChaChung View Post
        I know which race you're talking about. Had a couple of friends run that one. I used to be into those long trail runs until fly fishing took over my life. haha

Anyway, maybe it's the sudden drop in temperature that kept the fish from biting.

I was able to find out that at least one of the feeders is "fishless" and possibly the temp drop.
        I hadn't fished any small streams until later last year, and being still relatively new, that could be it. The stream and the scenery was gorgeous, so it was fine, and the hike was fun and strenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The off-season is really rough for small streams. I've never really had a good day numbers wise on a blue line between September and February. That being said, you've got me wanting to go wet a line...
          The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Working...
          X