Thanksgiving Eve browns and bows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Eve browns and bows

I knew I had to go north today and my gf encouraged me to try a new stream I'd apparently been going on about. So that's what I did. I allotted just enough time for the drive (~2 hours), the 2-3 mile hike in and out and time to pick up mini me for the Thanksgiving holiday.
    I had some pretty solid Intel that this stream could hold wild browns if I got in far enough, so that's what I planned.

The scenery was ridiculous and the fish were better. First fish was a tiny brown that took a dry(!), but flipped off quickly. Then a series of bows in a small nymph (pheasant tail), this was the best view of the day:

Picture doesn't do this fish justice. Looks like a stocker in my crappy photographic skills.

I caught a few more smaller bows then got back on the trail, wanted to go further in before time ran out.

Sure enough that worked.
    Got into a few smaller browns and then this fish. This made my day and I called it, enjoying the scenery and wildlife on my hike outta the wilderness.

happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good good stuff!!
    Happy Thanksgiving hope itís a good one
    THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Beautiful wild fish. Nice work squeezing in fishing while traveling. #troutbum.
      Your GF keeps sending you farther away lol.
      "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Looks like a great day. It's hard to get those browns to eat much without some rain/dingy water. Hope you got some stream pics for your personal collection.
        The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Originally posted by fishinbub View Post
          Looks like a great day. It's hard to get those browns to eat much without some rain/dingy water. Hope you got some stream pics for your personal collection.

Heck yeah, plenty of stream pics. Amazing scenery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X