Dukes 11/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes 11/26

Hit Dukes with Team USA youth member JoshKimchi. He came a little late and I already had put 8 or so in the net. I lucked into two nice fish in my first 10 casts or so. The pair looked like husband and bride.

Mid morning into lunchtime produced some nice fish in the 12-14 inch range but nothing large. We fished section one and pulled some smaller fish out of the road hole but we saw a lot of large ones. Unfortunately the full sun had them clinching their mouths shut.

Most of the popular holes were filled with anglers as we worked upstream but we both managed to pick up fish here and there.

The Pavillion hole had an angler leaving so I made a couple of casts before Josh showed up. I had to leave a bit early so I let Josh take over and headed back down river. I decided to hit the road hole one more time but ran into the only other derelict wet wading - Fishbreath. After chatting a bit I headed further down to the root ball hole and it turned out to be a good thing.

Ten minutes later I had two more nice fish including the biggie of the day that I decided to end on.

http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Saweeet!!!! Thanks for the report BigT. Impressive and informative.

DD F
    Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

That last fish is a hog! Im heading up there next weekend. Do you euro nymph dukes or use an indicator? I broke my 10ft last week and not sure how to fish dukes now.

Comment

Originally posted by NPuffer View Post
        That last fish is a hog! Im heading up there next weekend. Do you euro nymph dukes or use an indicator? I broke my 10ft last week and not sure how to fish dukes now.
        I euro nymphed it and threw a dry dropper at times.
        http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Dang T, you are making me want to hang up my rifle and pick up a rod!
          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Those are monsters. I wish I didn't have to give up my reservation last week...
            Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

I think Fishbreath caught that one and Big T just took a picture, Landon always catches the big ones.
              RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
                I think Fishbreath caught that one and Big T just took a picture, Landon always catches the big ones.
                Looks photoshopped to me
                I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
                  Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                  Looks photoshopped to me
                  That is brutal...

Comment

Really nice report! Whats been working there lately. Havent fished it since Oct. when pheastant tails were working good.

Comment

Those are some stellar fish. I guess Duke's is back and it's time to head north. Thanks for the encouragement
                      "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

That last trout is an absolute slob!!!
                        Good work T!

Comment

Working...
                        X