Smith - 28 December

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith - 28 December

Back at the OAD in September, surprisingly, I won a two night stay at the Unicoi Lodge. Last Thursday, it was cashed in with a stay at the Lodge from Thursday to Saturday.

I fished for a couple of hours on Thursday afternoon after getting settled, and dang was it awesome.

But first, the room. I think they might have given us the best room in the Lodge. Looking up from the fields it was on the far left on the top floor. The view was awesome with the mountains in the distance and the fields in the foreground. I had no idea what to expect with the room because I had never stayed at the Lodge before. But I ain't gonna lie, I was impressed. It seems that Coral has done a good job taking over management.

Air temp was 42F. The fishing started out pretty normal, then got, well, pretty abnormal. The first one or two to the net were normal sized stockers.

Then, I was treated to these two beauties on the end of my line.

Then, if that wasn't enough, the next fish was a 13 1/2-incher.

And the next, a 15 1/2-inch fatty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPz7YQzopY

Fifteen minutes after sunset, the double digit outing ended with the lone brookie of the day rounding out the evening.

Last edited by Trouter23; 01-05-18, 06:55 PM.
    I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
    -Lefty Kreh

Fantastic fish Trout. Glad to hear your stay at the Lodge went so well. Thanks for posting all those great pic's.
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Glad you enjoyed them, man.

Almost forgot one of the highlights of the trip . . . Glenda's.

-Lefty Kreh

Comment

Awesome post man I’m going to Smith’s tomorrow to get in on the action. Was up there a few weeks ago and might have scared that monster in the video. And where’s Glenda’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by I_the_prodigy View Post
          Awesome post man I’m going to Smith’s tomorrow to get in on the action. Was up there a few weeks ago and might have scared that monster in the video. And where’s Glenda’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Cleveland, bro. Let us know how it goes.
          -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Working...
          X