Nice brown on Wildcat today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice brown on Wildcat today

Caught the biggest brown I’ve ever had on a hook today at wildcat. It was 17 degrees and the water beads were freezing on my line, but I was able to pull a nice little 13” out on a honey worm!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ugaminton; 01-07-18, 09:11 PM. Reason: changed picture orientation
    Michael Minton
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean

That's a great 1st post!!
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Awesome.
      Good looking fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on the nice brown trout.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

Nice one! Congrats!

Comment

Great post. Which Wildcat Creek was that, Rabun or Dawson County?
            - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
            Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
              Great post. Which Wildcat Creek was that, Rabun or Dawson County?
              In Rabun!
              Michael Minton
              "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean

Comment

So are we naming streams Willy nilly now?

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                  So are we naming streams Willy nilly now?

Wildcat Creek is one of the most heavily fished trout streams in the entire state. Everybody knows about it, an everybody fishes it. It is heavily stocked throughout the season, and maintains a fairly healthy population of wild rainbows and browns as well. It is no super duper secret stream. It is heavily written about as well. No secrets there. If you plan to fish some secret streams, you need to look elsewhere. Wildcat gets pounded all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                    Wildcat Creek is one of the most heavily fished trout streams in the entire state. Everybody knows about it, an everybody fishes it. It is heavily stocked throughout the season, and maintains a fairly healthy population of wild rainbows and browns as well. It is no super duper secret stream. It is heavily written about as well. No secrets there. If you plan to fish some secret streams, you need to look elsewhere. Wildcat gets pounded all year long.

Was my thought when I posted about it a while back. But apparently it too is on the no name list. Recently there's been a few streams named and described in detail. I think it's time to cool it on that

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                      Was my thought when I posted about it a while back. But apparently it too is on the no name list. Recently there's been a few streams n
                      I'm on the fence; I agree there has been a slow move toward naming more and more small streams. I think it started slowly with some obvious "in plain sight" streams and is starting to move gradually toward slightly more obscure streams. The good thing, I guess, is that most of the 'good streams' require a bit of moving, hiking, climbing, scrambling... and even if mentioned probably wouldn't get visited much more often than they might already. That being said, I hope that NGTO doesn't simply become a place where random 'googlers' can just do a search and come up with "great speck fishing on *_______* stream"
                      I don't foresee that happening.
                      I realize I am very new to this board, relative to a lot of y'all, but when I was searching for small streams I had to PM, research, learn the topo of the area and the most fun, just get out there and get on the water. There's been more than one occasion where I've showed up at the "Stream" only to find a trickle that rivaled a drip from my kitchen faucet; other times however, I've found unmarked waterfalls, after waterfalls - sometimes those barrier falls lead to SABTs, sometimes more rainbows and browns, and sometimes no fish, at all; not even a chub! But, for me, that's the fun part, not knowing and doing the research.
                      Wildcat is pretty much out there, heavily stocked and this might be a holdover stocker or a wild, either way, it's a heckuva fish!

Comment

But has anyone fished raccoon creek lately? How's the population of large brook trout above the silver comet trail?
                        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
                          But has anyone fished raccoon creek lately? How's the population of large brook trout above the silver comet trail?
                          Trust me, that population is just as you remember it.

Comment

I'm just sour that a great joke was ruined by censorship. No respect I tell yeah

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Was my thought when I posted about it a while back. But apparently it too is on the no name list. Recently there's been a few streams named and described in detail. I think it's time to cool it on that

I never thought W#$&+*T creek would be on the list?! News to me!! Speaking of which, I need to see this list....just so that I don't make the same offense twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X