http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/FernValleyBanner_2014.gif
http://georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/2012NovNGTOBanner.gif

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dukes Saturday 20Jan - Rapala with barbed trebles!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
    "That's not bait Ossifer, that is my lunch!"

And now we see Buck Henry's oral fixation with phallic objects....
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Those People

There are those people who a complete disregard for rules, laws, ethics and regulations. They seem to believe those regulations are made for others, not them, as they always have some special circumstance making it acceptable for them to ignore regulations put in place to create unique recreational opportunities like Dukes Creek. What is truly frustrating is that when someone violates the rules and gets caught, the judge gives them a little slap on the wrist and sends them home.

I suspect these pond scum have always been with us and probably will continue to be with us. Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?

For most of us, we do respect the rules and regulations because we know they are for the common good and the good of the sport we love. Do what you can, report all instances of misbehavior like worm cartons on Dukes Creek to local authorities. If enough people complain some action may be taken to improve enforcement. And when you can, take a young angler fishing and have the conservation discussion with them. Not a sermon, but if you see that worm carton on Dukes, explain the implications and how that rule breaker may have ruined your fishing day.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
        There are those people who a complete disregard for rules, laws, ethics and regulations. They seem to believe those regulations are made for others, not them, as they always have some special circumstance making it acceptable for them to ignore regulations put in place to create unique recreational opportunities like Dukes Creek. What is truly frustrating is that when someone violates the rules and gets caught, the judge gives them a little slap on the wrist and sends them home.

I suspect these pond scum have always been with us and probably will continue to be with us. Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?

For most of us, we do respect the rules and regulations because we know they are for the common good and the good of the sport we love. Do what you can, report all instances of misbehavior like worm cartons on Dukes Creek to local authorities. If enough people complain some action may be taken to improve enforcement. And when you can, take a young angler fishing and have the conservation discussion with them. Not a sermon, but if you see that worm carton on Dukes, explain the implications and how that rule breaker may have ruined your fishing day.
        Dilly Dilly!

Couldn't be said better
        I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Got get em, John! You may not live in Georgia these days but we still appreciate your love for the resources. What's even more disgusting to me is that there are some local "guides" who have made a game of slipping in to Dukes Creek at night and poaching big browns. It infuriates me! Too much testosterone.
          Jimmy Harris
          Unicoi Liars Club
          Unicoi Outfitters Online Store

Comment

Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?
            Your whole post is perfect, IMHO. And I am one of the opposite fellas; I take little Spencer with me and I adamantly teach him to follow the rules on the streams so that he can fish for a long long time and enjoy with me for hopefully a long long time.

Originally posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
            Got get em, John! You may not live in Georgia these days but we still appreciate your love for the resources. What's even more disgusting to me is that there are some local "guides" who have made a game of slipping in to Dukes Creek at night and poaching big browns. It infuriates me! Too much testosterone.
            So, this really does happen!? I've heard rumors, but always chalked it up to rumors predicated upon the skunk on the stream... that sucks!

Comment

Testosterone & Fishing

Any man who gets his jollies catching big fish, well, I feel sorry for their wife or girl friend assuming they even have one.

And SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO many nasty ways to comment on these two elements combined but I will refrain to maintain some dignity for the board. 8- ) 8- O

Comment

On Dukes Creek

Thanks to all for the kind words. I will confess to near hatred of fish thieves and those who do not follow regulations. I get especially upset when it comes to Dukes Creek. I was in GA when the option for creating Dukes Creek came about and very excited to see the plans for this stream and very proud of Georgia for putting the time, effort, money and political will to create this special reserve. Had this not happened the entire valley would now be condos, McMansions, and golf courses all clearly marked with No Trespassing signs. But the reserve was created and I have often pointed other states to this Georgia example of how to provide a unique sporting opportunity and provide a fishery otherwise unavailable without a hefty user fee on private waters.

And those are the reasons I find abusers of Dukes Creek exceptionally vile.

Comment

Thanks to all for the kind words. I will confess to near hatred of fish thieves and those who do not follow regulations. I get especially upset when it comes to Dukes Creek. I was in GA when the option for creating Dukes Creek came about and very excited to see the plans for this stream and very proud of Georgia for putting the time, effort, money and political will to create this special reserve. Had this not happened the entire valley would now be condos, McMansions, and golf courses all clearly marked with No Trespassing signs. But the reserve was created and I have often pointed other states to this Georgia example of how to provide a unique sporting opportunity and provide a fishery otherwise unavailable without a hefty user fee on private waters.

And those are the reasons I find abusers of Dukes Creek exceptionally vile.
                  -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Working...
                  X