No announcement yet.

Smith Creek Rainbows Vibrant Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posted about this today, any advice would be awesome as you seem to know smith real well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by benf_74 View Post
      posted about this today, any advice would be awesome as you seem to know smith real well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      See my reply to your post. Beaded squirmies and eggs fished deep have worked best for me, but I have had luck with other flies as well. Fishing has been good from the dam all the way down to the foot bridge at the end of the retention pond. A few weeks ago I fished well beyond the retention pond and caught a few. However, I haven't caught anything in that section of the creek in the last couple of weeks. Good luck.
      "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
        See my reply to your post. Beaded squirmies and eggs fished deep have worked best for me, but I have had luck with other flies as well. Fishing has been good from the dam all the way down to the foot bridge at the end of the retention pond. A few weeks ago I fished well beyond the retention pond and caught a few. However, I haven't caught anything in that section of the creek in the last couple of weeks. Good luck.
        Do they not stock farther downstream? I was thinking about going as far as possible before hitting private land or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
          Do they not stock farther downstream? I was thinking about going as far as possible before hitting private land or whatever.
          To my recollection, they stock in multiple places.

Comment

Nice fish.

How can one know which streams are stocked by the state and which ones get fish from the Feds?

Thanks

Comment

Pretty fish, indeed! Glad to hear you landed a bunch. Thanks for the report and pics, Hillis!
              I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
              -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Working...
              X