Smith Creek Rainbows Vibrant Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Creek Rainbows Vibrant Colors

The DNR stocked some nice size and very colorful rainbows in Smith this week. Here are some pics of some of the prettiest rainbows I have caught in a while. The pics don't do them justice. Also, they had a lot of energy, jumping, twisting, turning, flopping, shaking their heads and doing death rolls, everything imaginable to shake the hook. Lost several early on, then my fortunes turned and I landed a bunch. Even with the knowledge that they were freshly stocked it was a ton of fun to catch them, made up for some of those days when I got skunked.

"Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Some beauties! I saw you signed in on the smiths creek lodge check in, a shame I didn't get to meet you on the river. Looks like you had a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

My word, those are gorgeous fish! Fins are all colored pink and white tipped and all in great shape! The third one looks like it’s starting to get a hookjaw as well! Well done sir!
        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

Gorgeous Fish!
          Nice work!

Comment

How does one get to fishing smith's creek? So you have to sign up somewhere or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
              How does one get to fishing smith's creek? So you have to sign up somewhere or something.
              You sign up once you arrive. You should definitely check it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you need to schedule ahead of time or anything? I've heard of streams where you have to register for spots. Dukes i think.

I can't find as much information online as I'd like.

Comment

Do you need to schedule ahead of time or anything? I've heard of streams where you have to register for spots. Dukes i think.

I can't find as much information online as I'd like.
                  So smith's is right by Dukes. Dukes you need to call ahead or walk on to a no show's spot. Smith's you just sign up when you get there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job Hillis those are some super nice fish.
                    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
                      Some beauties! I saw you signed in on the smiths creek lodge check in, a shame I didn't get to meet you on the river. Looks like you had a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Agree, shame we did not meet. Would have been nice to have met you.
                      "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Smith Creek is at Unicoi State Park near Helen. It is a relatively small creek and very pretty. Easy wading. During DH season you are required to go by the lodge and sign in. You have to pay a $5 daily state park pass unless you have an annual pass. Here is a link that might help. http://www.georgiafishingbooks.com/gadh/info.php

Comment

For fresh stockers those are really colorful. Thanks for sharing some pic's.
                          Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

When you cross the dam going through Unicoi Park, the lodge will be your next right. Stop at the office there and sign in and pick up a permit. As stated, parking is $5.00 unless you have a state park annual permit. The road to the creek is about a quarter mile further up the road. There is a gravel parking lot down this road. There is about a mile of creek to fish, DH rules apply during season. Side note...I and many others here have fished Smith Creek during monsoons. If your favorite creek is blown out, go to Smith. Smith is a tailwater of Smith Lake, so the water gets high, but remains fishable.
                            BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                            Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

I'll definitely try to hit Smith creek sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X