Smith Creek report.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
    This picture was Veterans Day, 2009. Major storm blew through the day before, I believe there was over 6 inches of rain that day, We fished Smith the next day. I believe everybody caught fish that day.
    Yep. It was a perfect day to high stick and combat fish. No need to cast that day, just weight and a long arm.

Comment

Just lift the rod while pulling it downstream. The fish are pointed upstream so you will get a good hookset like this. If you set upstream it will pull the fly from their mouth on occasion.
      Cohutta Chapter of Trout Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by Trout Fear Me View Post
        Just lift the rod while pulling it downstream. The fish are pointed upstream so you will get a good hookset like this. If you set upstream it will pull the fly from their mouth on occasion.
        Another way is to strip strike. It works both ways

Comment

As to the cost of flies, the next addiction in fly fishing after catching fish is tying your own flies. After catching your first trout on a fly, the next highlight is catching a trout on a fly that you tied yourself. You don't need to worry about this now, but once you get good at the fishing part, look for a good beginners tying class and see what you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
            As to the cost of flies, the next addiction in fly fishing after catching fish is tying your own flies. After catching your first trout on a fly, the next highlight is catching a trout on a fly that you tied yourself. You don't need to worry about this now, but once you get good at the fishing part, look for a good beginners tying class and see what you think about it.
            I am not good at the fishing part, but I bought a vise.. Screw it if i am going to suck might as well suck with my own flies!

Are you guys mostly parking and fishing around the area off unicoi bottoms road?

Comment

Originally posted by manderson2228 View Post
              I am not good at the fishing part, but I bought a vise.. Screw it if i am going to suck might as well suck with my own flies!

Are you guys mostly parking and fishing around the area off unicoi bottoms road?
              Yes, there is a big parking lot there with a sign. If you show up really early (like I did), the gate will still be closed, but you can park near the gate and move the car later. Or not move it at all. Up to you.

Comment

Working...
              X