New car, new blueline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car, new blueline

Bought myself a new SUV and figured what better way to test the AWD and ground clearance out than taking it to a "blueline" I'd never hit that I knew had a creek crossing in it. The fish were tiny and fishing was slowish, but did catch a half dozen or so and saw one decent sized 10" one in the tailout of a run next to an undercut bank I couldn't figure out how to cast to and get a good drift.

Found a hole in the bottom of the creek...

...and a bushcraft experiment...

Stopped by a DH stream on the way home and caught a bright colored bow.
    -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Stunning! I've been meaning to hit those falls... Also wonder what'd happen if you sunk down a nymph through that whirlpool, might be a 12 incher down there haha

Comment

Nice! I'm glad to hear you got to drive to that area. I had to hike in because I didn't think my car would make it. And I for sure didn't find the wormhole you found.

Fishing was slow for me too, but it was still a nice time there. Thanks for the pics!
      I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
      -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Yea, it was one of those times where I followed my curiosity and got led to cool things. I left the creek to follow an old logging road that turned into a well worn path which eventually started leading too far away from the creek, so I followed a "game" trail down the next feeder stream. About the time I decided it wasn't a game trail, I ran into the wormhole and bushcraft camp in short order. Of course, the common goal of getting as far away from the road as possible was what really led to the discovery of the camp. I do wonder where all that water in the wormhole ends up going to, though.

Edit: sighter, it's worth checking off the list especially if you find the section of several hundred yards of undercut banks.
        Last edited by I_got_skunked; 02-22-18, 09:50 AM.
        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Working...
        X