Blue Line 2/24/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skimt127 View Post
    Sighter, I am in love with the Butter Stick. It was an absolute joy to cast. The presentations were so delicate. I was using a 50" furled leader (Cutthroat Furled Leaders) and they were really great. You should check them out.
    Furled leader?
    I've been playing with one on my homemade bamboo stick... it's even cheaper than the eagle claw... and it allows my seven year old to flick a dry pretty much where ever he likes. Is your furled leader made from mono or something else. The one I have is made from, well I don't actually know, but it's not mono and seems to get water logged fairly quickly, which then changes the dynamics on my boy casting it.

Comment

It's hard not to have fun just casting the thing, let alone playing a fish on it. I haven't used furled leaders yet, but heard enough about them on the orvis podcasts to know their effectiveness with dries! Ill look into getting one for my butterstick to switch out with my standard taper and Euro leader 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Splatek16, I use Otter Butter on my furled leaders and lines. One good coat lasts all day for fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by skimt127 View Post
          Splatek16, I use Otter Butter on my furled leaders and lines. One good coat lasts all day for fishing!

I've been using a Furrled leader on my dry set ups for a while now (Steve Hudson gave me my first homemade one 11 years ago). You can also hit them with floatant to keep em afloat.
          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

I didn't even think of floatant and I grease my regular leader all the time. DOH!
            Thanks y'all

Comment

Working...
            X