Blue Line 2/24/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Line 2/24/18

Did some blue-lining yesterday, and enjoyed the nice weather. I was super excited to try my new Redington Butter Stick 2wt out. I brought 3 fish to hand, and lost a few more. The fish below the falls were very active, and hit dries well. I fished mainly with a Yellow Stimulator.

I caught one really nice Rainbow for the size water I was fishing. See the pic below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by skimt127; 02-25-18, 01:55 PM.

This post has too much information man. Lose the amount of stars or change the uploaded image name.... Just a friendly request if you don't mind.

Nice report though I'm glad you got out my dude =)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jakkbauer; 02-25-18, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkbauer View Post
      This post has too much information man. Lose the amount of stars or change the uploaded image name.... Just a friendly request if you don't mind.

Nice report though I'm glad you got out my dude =)
      Saw the post before the edit earlier. Have heard of the place once or twice. Have heard different opinions on it. Doesn't seem noob friendly.

Nice fish

Comment

How are you liking that butter stick?! Used mine in the backyard lake with a topwater wiggle minnow, still casted well since I could time my pauses and feel the loading better. Also, great fish and post, I know that area very well!

Comment

You would've caught double that of you'd had used an eagle claw...
          Lol

Good job.
          Fun creek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
            You would've caught double that of you'd had used an eagle claw...
            Lol
            Uh oh here they come from out of the woodwork

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
              Uh oh here they come from out of the woodwork

Bahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear they are hitting dries. There have been some winged food coming off for about 2 we is now in some parts of the state.
                Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Dumb question I know...but what is a blue line?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruceja View Post
                      Dumb question I know...but what is a blue line?
                      @Bruceja: not a dumb question, one I asked just about a year ago. A blueline is supposed to represent an 'unnamed creek/stream' - that is, if you look at a map, it simply appears as a "blue line" In Georgia, and likely other places, there aren't really any "true" bluelines anymore. Most creeks, streams, and watersheds have names these days, but here we still refer to them as bluelines to protect these sensitive watersheds. They typically hold small wild fish, populations that are sensitive to many environmental factors such as temperature and drought, and possibly to angler pressure. That is why the OP kept the name of the creek somewhat cryptic.

Comment

Nice fish. That lower section seems to be good for an occasional holdover that has worked their way upstream.
                        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Great job, skimt127. Your expression in that pic says it all....catching a beautiful wild fish on a 2 wt, in a scenic spot, with no other anglers around. Awesome.
                          Last edited by 3-wt; 02-26-18, 11:28 AM.
                          "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Blue Lines could also refer to the old maps that showed streams which were only open during trout season; on the maps those streams were shown in blue. But now there is no longer a designated trout season and all streams are open (Delayed Harvest is different). The PDF maps on the DNR site were replaced with an interactive map. Notice some streams have special regulations and are in purple.

We still list the link here on NGTO but the link is dead over on DNR. Guess we could point it to the new interactive map.
                            "What's his offense?"
                            "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                            ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Sighter, I am in love with the Butter Stick. It was an absolute joy to cast. The presentations were so delicate. I was using a 50" furled leader (Cutthroat Furled Leaders) and they were really great. You should check them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X