Amicalola creek?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amicalola creek?

Looking through the trout stream maps as I like to do now and then and I set my eyes upon Amicalola and little Amicalola. Both seem to be stocked. Not sure where but who cares.

Any recent visits by anyone? Good experiences? Bad experiences? I read the water can be hard to wade. Saw 2 reports dating back to January.

Looks like I can access it from highway 53 bridge and also from the "devils elbow". Any other places it can be reached from? Don't want to end up on private land.

Depending on replies, I wouldn't driving up to attempt to fish it. Join me if you'd like

Thanks!

As you said, there is access at Highway 53 and at Steel Bridge(devils elbow). The area of river between these two bridges is DH regulation so keep that in mind. I fished at Steel Bride last week and caught good numbers of fish. There is also access at Lindsey Ford, which is off of Amicalola Church Road. This is not being stocked like the other two locations mentioned, but is a beautiful stretch of river with the possibility of catching a few trout. As for wading, it is generally not too bad unless there has been a decent rain just like anywhere else. Check the gauges online before you go and you should be alright.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

(Removed Coordinates)
      Is this land here by any chance accessible to fisherman? I see a few dirt roads and cleared fields that lead to it.
      Last edited by Lumis; 03-01-18, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Yeah thatís the spot. Itís easily accessible and a beautiful stretch of river. As for the second spot you posted, Iím not sure. Do some more digging around and see if you find anything. Iíll look into it a little later and get back to you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by JHexom View Post
          Yeah thatís the spot. Itís easily accessible and a beautiful stretch of river. As for the second spot you posted, Iím not sure. Do some more digging around and see if you find anything. Iíll look into it a little later and get back to you on that.
          The area I was talking about is indeed accessible. Had to search through a few websites.

Comment

Otters in Ami?

I heard a rumor awhile back that river otters had invaded. Is there any truth therein?

Comment

Originally posted by larrydlong View Post
              I heard a rumor awhile back that river otters had invaded. Is there any truth therein?

I mean it is a river so naturally itíll have otters in it. I wouldnít bother listening to rumors saying they have impacted the fishing though. The last few times Iíve been out on the Ami Iíve had great days numbers-wise, so I donít think the otters have done too much damage.

Comment

Working...
              X