No announcement yet.

Stocker bashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I am hungry for some trout, either baked or fried. Love them cooked either way.
    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
      I used to kill and eat trout left and right. Now I can't. I've kept one trout in the last 5 months.
      I am a staunch advocate for catch and release only practices as well!
      I release the non trout species to the water, and release the trout
      ..... to the grease.
      My friend Buckman also has a tramp stamp tattoo that says "RELEASE TO THE GREASE!"
      I'm pretty sure it is referencing trout, but with him, who knows?!

Comment

Originally posted by del Monte chucker View Post
        Was hungry for a trout dinner so I headed to the best warmwater creek to catch trout in for a quick trip with my dad. Caught my limit in 2 hours with squirmy worms, glo bugs and also caught a few on trout magnets and powerbait trout worms and dough. Lost a section of my fly rod soon before leaving, so that sucked. Ordered an eagle claw featherlight 7í fly rod after getting home to replace it. After getting home, baked a few with some lemon pepper, lots of butter, sea salt and foil. Also fried up a few the next day in cornmeal salt lemon pepper and old bay.

https://i.imgur.com/eTRtWFq.jpg
        Your stock of ammo is quite impressive. Flies, dough bait, jigs, worms. I dig it. Variety is the spice of life!!

Comment

The rainbows ain't supposed to be here, anyways.
          The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
            I used to kill and eat trout left and right. Now I can't. I've kept one trout in the last 5 months.
            You should consider fishing with only barbless hooks like I do. I can't imagine wanting to harm a majestic little rainbowed warrior, and barbless hooks enable me to quickly reel in my fish and release them without touching them at all! And... If you hook a larger than average specimen who is exerting too much energy, more often than not you can let the line go slack and the hook will come out. I try not to let my trout get tuckered out too much, their health is much more important than a photo.

P.S. I feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.
            Please release all trout! They are too pretty to kill!

Comment

wow!

Comment

Originally posted by milkbonejoey71 View Post
                YI feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.
                Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                Simple Goat Herder
                Former NGTO President
                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

You should consider fishing with only barbless hooks like I do. I can't imagine wanting to harm a majestic little rainbowed warrior, and barbless hooks enable me to quickly reel in my fish and release them without touching them at all! And... If you hook a larger than average specimen who is exerting too much energy, more often than not you can let the line go slack and the hook will come out. I try not to let my trout get tuckered out too much, their health is much more important than a photo.

P.S. I feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.
                  Ok. I canít help but think this is a joke.
                  Tell me itís a joke
                  Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmFQsmDVCk
                    Last edited by buckman1; 03-07-18, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by del Monte chucker View Post
                      Was hungry for a trout dinner so I headed to the best warmwater creek to catch trout in for a quick trip with my dad. Caught my limit in 2 hours with squirmy worms, glo bugs and also caught a few on trout magnets and powerbait trout worms and dough. Lost a section of my fly rod soon before leaving, so that sucked. Ordered an eagle claw featherlight 7í fly rod after getting home to replace it. After getting home, baked a few with some lemon pepper, lots of butter, sea salt and foil. Also fried up a few the next day in cornmeal salt lemon pepper and old bay.

https://i.imgur.com/eTRtWFq.jpg
                      Sounds glorious!

Comment

I'll uh.... stick to my barbed hooks..

Comment

I guess I'll have to call TIPS. Wanton waste of wildlife.

Comment

And several days later a 14Ē brown was found floating downstream. A postmortem revealed the poor critter had ingested half a granola bar and the entire plastic wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
                              Ok. I canít help but think this is a joke.
                              Tell me itís a joke
                              Tragically, it's not a joke. I should have known better than to trout fish when the water temperature is 83 degrees. I accept responsibility for this loss to the fishery.
                              Please release all trout! They are too pretty to kill!

Comment

The only redeeming part of this story is the corn kernel in the trout's belly grew to the sky where a great treasure could be found.

Comment

Working...
                                X