Coopers Creek Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coopers Creek Weekend

M parents left early Friday morning to head up to Coopers Creek in hopes of grabbing a campsite for the weekend and we mmanaged to grab the last primitive spot open that day! After school, I met them up there and the next day is when all the fun starts! I began fly fishing each deep hole I could find with my dad and brother as we slowly made our way upstream, and after only 3 fish to hand, it wasnt looking too promising. We headed ack to camp, made some lunch, then went right back out on the water a couple hours later. A short hike downstream led to a very deep hole under some current that we couldnt resist passing up on. In this short stretch of current and the small hole right above, my dad, brother, sister and I caught a total of about 15-20 fish in no time at all! We decided to keep some for dinner that night and headed back to camp for the day!

The next day, we all woke up early and went back to the same hole in hopes of a day like the one before! All together once again with my fly rod and my brother and sister on the spin reels, we landed about 8-10 fish each in the morning then went hiking up to Coopers Creek Falls which had an amazing view and was a great place to relax!

Even the dog enjoyed it!!

(My sisters fish in the next 2)

Overall is was an incredible weekend and left me itching to get back out on the water soon! Hope you guys find this report enjoyable!
    Last edited by THE EG; 04-06-18, 07:23 AM.

Wow, this is one of the best reports I've seen in a while! Great photos of scenery, trout, and an overall good time! That big wild bow is just about as pretty as they get, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Outdoorsman77 for "brother of the year"! Nice fish. Even the stockers in foil looked good size.

Comment

Nice! New poster here but we passed your camp Saturday. That hammock was way up in the air!

Comment

Originally posted by Timberman View Post
          Nice! New poster here but we passed your camp Saturday. That hammock was way up in the air!
          Haha yes it was!! How was your trip?

Comment

Haha yes it was!! How was your trip?]
            Good! We caught plenty of trout and did some camping and turkey hunting.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Nice report, although brownies are my favorite (to catch and see pics of) that rainbow is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Timberman View Post
                  Good! We caught plenty of trout and did some camping and turkey hunting.
                  Glad to hear!

Comment

I couldn't see the pictures. Does this mean I have to pay for a Photobucket account?!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                      I couldn't see the pictures. Does this mean I have to pay for a Photobucket account?!
                      I cannot either anymore and im not sure why

Comment

Photobucket

That makes at least three of us unable to view the pic's..
                        Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

No pics here either but this was enough to convince me to get up there tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                            No, unfortunately it means outdoorsman77 would have to pay $399 to share photos with others because photobucket's business plan has now changed and is to hold folks hostage after years of free usage. Pretty much decimated the "fly patterns" section folks had built up over the years. You can no longer do 3rd party hosting with photobucket unless you pay $399. It's a shame because they were some really nice shots of fish outdoorsman77 had. Look into other sites that offer free 3rd party hosting but be wary they may eventually do the same thing. Or find a pay to play site that charges much less.
                            If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

imgur.com has been a reliable image hosting service throughout the years. I'd recommend them.

Comment

Working...
                              X