NANTAHALA FISHING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NANTAHALA FISHING

I went to Cherokee to trout fish Thursday-fri.-sat. didn't do any good until
    we got a guide for Sat. for 1/2 day. I have been wanting to do this for a while
    I'm learning how to fish for trout, I'm a bass or river fisherman been
    flyfishing for 6-8 months but am not learning much without help so for the guide. We left it up to him where we were going which turned out a good choice as we caught 6-8 apiece my son has had a flyrod in his hand 2-3 times .I might has well tell you the good part ,I was fishing with a two flys--
    a nymph on bottom and a mop fly on top, I hooked a fish and was bringing it in guide put net in water then he yelled I had caught 2 - 8-10" rainbows on
    one cast. We went to the NANTAHALA above the power plant in DH section
    of the river in a pool of soft and fast water with some rocks in it. I learned
    a lot fishing this small stream, I have mosty fished the chattoochee
    paces mill which is big river fishing. Fishing this small stream was a ball as I only needed a few feet of line to reach other side, will be going back.
    I read this site all the time and am learning as I go along.

THANKS FOR READING HAD A BALL IN THE WATER
    AL

Glad you had a great time! Guides are there to shorten the learning curve! A good guide can save you years of headache in just a few hours.

As far as the Hooch/Small Stream thing. Just break the Hooch up into a bunch of small streams! Structure is structure, and holding water is holding water.

It's super easy to get overwhelmed with big water.

Glad y'all had a great time on a great stream!
    I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Great report.
      Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love fishing the Nanty. The DH section has always been good to me.
        I don't beleive in Skunks. This might be why it finds me so often.

FlyBerneyFly

Comment

Working...
        X