http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/FernValleyBanner_2014.gif
http://georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/2012NovNGTOBanner.gif

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National gathering of the Rainbow Family closing down forest service roads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • National gathering of the Rainbow Family closing down forest service roads

    Hey everyone,

    I happened to look at the Chattahoochee-Oconee forest services website to see if my favorite campground has re-opened and saw that there is this National Gathering of the Rainbow Family thing that is causing road closures... I was like "what the..." and decided to spend a couple of minutes looking into it. Definitely an interesting group....

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/conf/...ces/?aid=47141

    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/geo...ring/773533471

    I didn't even know such groups existed and for those of you thinking about heading up to the mtns for some blue lining, this may actually have some effect on the way you access your favorite streams.

    More info on the group...
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd583472.pdf
    Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

    Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

    Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

  • #2
    Already under discussion here:

    Forest Service Alert - CNF
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow! Guess I'm changing my plans, too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh that's the reason for the road closed sign i totally disregarded...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WadingThroughLife View Post
          Oh that's the reason for the road closed sign i totally disregarded...
          Did you see anything up there? Some unusual people perhaps?
          Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

          Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

          Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

          Comment


          • #6
            I was headed to a trickle of a creek spot and saw a few interstate style light up signs saying no parking on the side of the road. Then I saw the road closed sign where i wanted to fish. there were already probably 100 folks about posted up. I had though it was some kinda mountain bike race weekend or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WadingThroughLife View Post
              I was headed to a trickle of a creek spot and saw a few interstate style light up signs saying no parking on the side of the road. Then I saw the road closed sign where i wanted to fish. there were already probably 100 folks about posted up. I had though it was some kinda mountain bike race weekend or something.
              I saw the same thing and also disregarded the road closed sign but coming the other way, made it a ways down before some hikers stopped me and told me about the tree. Ended up turning around and giving them a ride back up the mountain. Crazy indeed!
              "Releasing a fish is that much sweeter, letting go of the ephemeral back into the void, to return to where it, and our dreams, can grow." - Jason Tucker

              Instagram @_big_wurm

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Budwick View Post
                I saw the same thing and also disregarded the road closed sign but coming the other way, made it a ways down before some hikers stopped me and told me about the tree. Ended up turning around and giving them a ride back up the mountain. Crazy indeed!
                From what I understand, it's just gonna get worse over there for the next couple of weeks.
                Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

                Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

                Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

                Comment

                Working...
                X