Itís been way too long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itís been way too long

A few weekends ago I had a strange free weekend to actually get to wet a line. Between work, rain and honey doos the fishing has been really nonexistent for me for way too long.

So we packed up the Jeep and made our way out to Blue Ridge and hit what Iíll call PAC Man Creek.

Saw tons of motorcycles riding up, down and all over the forest service roads which was weird. Literally we saw no less than 50 in the first 30 minutes of pulling off the pavement. Eventuality we got to our destination and started to rig up when Spencer says ďdad get out your licenseĒ. Confused as Iíve never had a license check where we were but it was a pleasant surprise. After a little bit of conversation we hiked off to start he day.

On the walk in I noticed these. Not sure what they are but thought they were neat looking.

Spencer immediately got the skunk off with a horny head.

Then we started catching rainbows majority like this one. Thanks Splatek for the hat net idea, only issue was they kept sliding out the opening in the back of the hat!

Best one of the day.

Called it a day shortly after the last one as the rains came in and like all 14 year olds Spencer was hungry and had a hankering for some Dairy Queen. All and all a great day for some cold water therapy.

I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Nice report - Thanks for sharing..Ever figure out what was up with all the bikes up there?
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

According to the LE who checked my license it was some kind of rally which was partially why he was there to ensure they were not tearing the place up and not breaking any speed limits.

We actually startled one guy who evidently didnít expect to see us walking up out of the woods. He promptly dumped his bike in a mud puddle and hopped back on and rode off embarrassed that he wrecked doing 5mph or less.
      I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
        According to the LE who checked my license it was some kind of rally which was partially why he was there to ensure they were not tearing the place up and not breaking any speed limits.

We actually startled one guy who evidently didnít expect to see us walking up out of the woods. He promptly dumped his bike in a mud puddle and hopped back on and rode off embarrassed that he wrecked doing 5mph or less.
        Ha!

Comment

Nice report. The 2nd photo of the tall white vegetation is know as Indian Pipe. https://botany.org/Parasitic_Plants/...a_uniflora.php

Comment

and Spencer outfished you again, huh?
            RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Nice report. Felt like a I was there except it seems I wasnít. Did it rain at all? Any selfies taken?
              sigpic
              ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
              - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
                Nice report. Felt like a I was there except it seems I wasnít. Did it rain at all? Any selfies taken?

Yes you were there. Yes it rained. And yes selfies were taken.

Scott Spencer didnít out fish me. Luckily he LDRíd one as he was making his way closer to dry land to take a pic.

sigpic

Comment

Y'all got into some great fish!! Hard to beat soaking the feet in a cold creek, ain't it?!
                  Good work fellas!!!

Comment

Really pretty fish glad you got away from the rat race and into some wild fish.
                    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Real healthy looking fish, great report! Awesome fungi pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X