First GA small stream experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GA small stream experience

Hi all! I just recently moved here from northern New Mexico and had my first Appalachian small stream experience. Iíve fished the hooch and Amicalola a little when visiting in the past, but wanted to start finding some of the more wild places. Chose a stream in the Blue Ridge WMA with easy access and near a trail that my wife and I could hike with my 1-year old on my back. That being said I didnít get to fish a whole lot, but found a half dozen or so holes to just dip a fly into here and there. Brought 5 little wild rainbows to hand, biggest was maybe 7 inches or so. Had a handful more rise that I missed. Was throwing a dry-dropper rig and was surprised to only have hits on the dry and none on the nymph. Iím going to try and go back up to this stream on my own after the 4th and give it a real go and cover a lot more water.

Iím writing this on my phone and attempting to upload a pic. If it doesnít work Iíll add the pic later
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jware21 View Post
    Hi all! I just recently moved here from northern New Mexico and had my first Appalachian small stream experience. Iíve fished the hooch and Amicalola a little when visiting in the past, but wanted to start finding some of the more wild places. Chose a stream in the Blue Ridge WMA with easy access and near a trail that my wife and I could hike with my 1-year old on my back. That being said I didnít get to fish a whole lot, but found a half dozen or so holes to just dip a fly into here and there. Brought 5 little wild rainbows to hand, biggest was maybe 7 inches or so. Had a handful more rise that I missed. Was throwing a dry-dropper rig and was surprised to only have hits on the dry and none on the nymph. Iím going to try and go back up to this stream on my own after the 4th and give it a real go and cover a lot more water.

Iím writing this on my phone and attempting to upload a pic. If it doesnít work Iíll add the pic later
    Welcome to Georgia, and welcome to the board J!! Thrilled to have you here with us!
    Congrats on a great day out, and with a youngun' on the back no less. Another forum member here, Buckman, knows a little about fishing like that. He can still out-fish me 3 to 1 with a toddler on his back.
    Thanks for the post and picture. Glad to see you made it out to explore and enjoy the hills here. They sure a heck of a lot of fun!
    Tight lines J!

-KK

Comment

Working...
    X