Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speck Day With Deerhuntingdawg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speck Day With Deerhuntingdawg

    In the aftermath of Killer Kyle catching a 12 inch whopper with cheese, Deerhuntingdawg and I made an attempt to meet or beat the Killers trophy! It’s fun when the fish cooperate. They did today. We caught several dozen specks, got soaked in a category 3 storm, and met fellow NGTOer Tboy. It was a good day. We did not, however, come close to Killer Kyles monster speck, our biggest of the day was 9”.







    I got big fish today at ~9”! DHD is getting old and losing his touch?

    Last edited by buckman1; 07-07-18, 08:47 PM.

  • #2
    How'd they taste


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      It was a great time as always!! Yeah, the beast Kyle caught is still fresh on our minds. My day will come with Persistence and Patience!! And Buckman, youíll hit that mark again for sure with your master speck skills🎣🎣

      Comment


      • #4
        You boys have a long, trecherous road ahead if you plan to best the master. I hope you can concentrate all the skills and wisdoms I've bestowed upon you so that you can one day exceed the nine inch mark. I am strictly referring to the fish, of course, and not your physical attributes.
        On cheese, don't you know that only the sharpest cheddar catches the biggest trout? Monteray jack will not do, and poor American cheese simply dissolves in the current. A stout chunk of cheese on a #4 baitholder hook is the only way to find a trophy brook trout. Cheddar from anywhere but Wisconsin will not do, for the record. I once purchased locally GA made Cheddar. I caught a few specks on upper LR WMA with it, but no real toads.
        I hope you smoked those specks, then fried them up 4 mins each side. When they're 9" or less, you can hold them in both hands and gnaw away the meat like a chicken wing. That's my favorite way to eat them. Just like a chicken wing, and skin and fins included. Hope y'all had some tobasco sauce at the ready! Native brook trout make the finest of meals. Good thing we have them aplenty in our neck of the woods!
        Last edited by Killer Kyle; 07-07-18, 11:41 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Solid fish guys looks like a fun day. Stephens county?
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

          Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

          Comment


          • #6
            Those are some beautiful specks fellas..Thanks for sharing the pic's.
            Tight lines!!

            Doc

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
              You boys have a long, trecherous road ahead if you plan to best the master. I hope you can concentrate all the skills and wisdoms I've bestowed upon you so that you can one day exceed the nine inch mark. I am strictly referring to the fish, of course, and not your physical attributes.
              On cheese, don't you know that only the sharpest cheddar catches the biggest trout? Monteray jack will not do, and poor American cheese simply dissolves in the current. A stout chunk of cheese on a #4 baitholder hook is the only way to find a trophy brook trout. Cheddar from anywhere but Wisconsin will not do, for the record. I once purchased locally GA made Cheddar. I caught a few specks on upper LR WMA with it, but no real toads.
              I hope you smoked those specks, then fried them up 4 mins each side. When they're 9" or less, you can hold them in both hands and gnaw away the meat like a chicken wing. That's my favorite way to eat them. Just like a chicken wing, and skin and fins included. Hope y'all had some tobasco sauce at the ready! Native brook trout make the finest of meals. Good thing we have them aplenty in our neck of the woods!
              I hate you couldnít make it! Looks like I need to get better cheese😂
              As far as cooking them, years ago i read your recipe, tried it, LOVED it, and told Joey. Thatís how we both cook them now. Iím going to try a new recipe and let you know how it turns out!! I bet we caught over 40 fish yesterday🎣🎣

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Big T View Post
                Solid fish guys looks like a fun day. Stephens county?
                We donít kiss and tell...

                Ok ok, yes, Stephens County.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                  How'd they taste


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Will let you know later. Gonna try Bang Bang Specks and shrimp.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Buckman beat me to it! We brainstormed it fishing yesterday. Let me know too!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Deerhuntingdawg View Post
                      Buckman beat me to it! We brainstormed it fishing yesterday. Let me know too!!

                      It was glorious.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                        It was glorious.

                        Yum!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Beautiful fish!
                          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

                          Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

                          New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looks tasty, guys. Well done. Stephens county is so money.
                            "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                              It was glorious.





                              Daaaaaaaang!
                              Looks tasty as all get out!!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X