It's been a long time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a long time

Haven't been out fishing in quite a while. Decided to hit my favorite blueline and explore some new areas.

My first fish was a brown, surprisingly enough, given the rust factor.

Got a few nice sized rainbows.

This large brown came out of a spot that had deep converging runs over an undercut rock that was just below the surface.

Went up a tributary looking to complete the slam only to catch rainbows in a SABT restoration area that was chock full of natives last year. I did see some brookies that were too spooky to catch including my old friend, the brook trout that's easily 12"+ that stays in an area where he's almost impossible to catch. I've only hooked him once, but wasn't able to land him. Today I wasn't able to get into position to make a cast without spooking him. Ran out of time and had to abandon the slam.
    -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

That's a Great report..So good to hear/see you were able to get out and shake some rust off (I assume without WD 40)..Thanks for sharing those pics..Maybe someday you could use a partner..
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Glorious!

Comment

Originally posted by jonmo View Post
        That's a Great report..So good to hear/see you were able to get out and shake some rust off (I assume without WD 40)..Thanks for sharing those pics..Maybe someday you could use a partner..
        Two days later, I'm still sore...Probably could've used some WD40. Or just avoided the real thick rhodo.
        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Working...
        X