Small Stream Improvement on the 28th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
    I know this may sound totally weird, part of what I do for a living is throwing rocks. Like....the literal, physical act of hurling large rocks. Sometimes one or two hundred of them at a time. I've spent literally entire days doing nothing but throwing rocks.
    Originally posted by mudrun View Post
    I love hauling logs and rocks. I do Spartan and OCR races and lifting lots of real things while knee deep in water is good training. I'll throw rocks until the sun sets.
    I think I can speak for all ole dudes, we will gladly let you fling as many rocks as you want, and appreciate it greatly.
    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
      Simple Goat Herder
      Former NGTO President
      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Iíll bring the granola bars and barbless hooks!
        Please release all trout! They are too pretty to kill!

Comment

Originally posted by milkbonejoey71 View Post
          I’ll bring the granola bars and barbless hooks!
          Come on up!

Beef jerky and Rebel Wee craws are also acceptable.
          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Dang it!!!
            This is the one weekend all summer I have plans with family in the GSMNP.
            Put me down for the next one.
            "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Any update on the lovinggood project?

And k Kyle, while I totally agree about an eight hour work day, two points come to mind: 1) this is volunteer work, which usually is associated with reduced hourly work in my experience and 2) show of us might have kids helping out.... I'm not opposed to child labor law encroachment but.... Haha

Really interested to hear about the work on lovinggood... I think it'll fire folks up about the 28th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buckman is going to have to be careful. The TU members pat you down at the door. They're looking for worm contraband. Crawlers, Wiggler's, and all forms of meal and wax worms. If you plan to sneak some past the senior members, you'd better be crafty!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                  For those of you driving passenger vehicles, you need to ride in a truck, truck bed, or SUV with somebody else when carpooling. Upper Poplar Stump Road is a little rough right now. It hasn't been maintained since August of 2015, and the recent rains have done a number on the road.
                  IIRC, at the Lovinggood workday Saturday, it was mentioned that the road is closed up there (campground too, I think) and that they will meet at the big parking area at the Unicoi Gap/AT crossing, and shuttle in from there, after the Forest Service opens the gate. I'd definitely check with the organizing chapters or USFS contacts beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                    Just catching up on this thread..Buck - that is perfect..Of course as as fan of the original Star Trek I may be biased..Keep up the great work everyone!
                    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

In an effort to keep this thread at the top of folks' minds: Don't forget about this work project. Not THIS Saturday, but next, the 28th.

Details about time, location for meetup, etc are in the above messages.

Looks like we are going to have a good handful of folks "trying" to make it and I think we are going to be able to get a lot done. I for one am excited to try my first stream project. And SPENCER is beyond excited; he's literally asked every day, "Is Toooooooday trout habitat day?" <-- like it's a holiday!
                      Last edited by THE EG; 07-20-18, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I’m looking forward to it as well. Hopefully the karma I’ve earned will help me land my first native after the restoration.
                        Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
                          I’m looking forward to it as well. Hopefully the karma I’ve earned will help me land my first native after the restoration.
                          Same here, I got a sweet setup Trout R was kind enough to loan me in hopes of landing my first.
                          Last edited by THE EG; 07-20-18, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Friendly reminder.... and trying to bump this thing into the frontal lobes of y'all

and if you aren't convinced than go over to The Instagram and check out Chris' (ISO1600000000000 - that might be too many 0's) and watch his trout vid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BllsPLEB...chrislynch.jpg
                            Last edited by THE EG; 08-03-18, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                              Friendly reminder.... and trying to bump this thing into the frontal lobes of y'all

and if you aren't convinced than go over to The Instagram and check out Chris' (ISO1600000000000 - that might be too many 0's) and watch his trout vid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BllsPLEB...chrislynch.jpg

haha thanks for the plug!
                              I will talk to my wife about going on this. She will prob be working, and I know I don't have any previous engagements on the 28th, but I will have a long day on the 29th so not sure I want two back to back days of a lot of miles in the car.
                              Last edited by THE EG; 08-03-18, 08:39 AM.
                              Resident Tenkara Nerd

Comment

If anyone in the Gwinnett area would like to carpool, let me know. Preferably someone who would like to fish afterwards.
                                Last edited by Lumis; 07-25-18, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X