Biggest fish to date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest fish to date

Me and a buddy decided to try the public section of the Soque today. I didnít know that a public section even existed before today...

The morning started off good. We scouted out the parking areas and decided to start right at the bridge.We were in the water at around 9am and started hooking into stocker browns right out of the gate.

We started fishing upstream about 200 yards past the bridge and out of no where a huge rainbow smashed my #22 flashback midge. I fought her for about 8 minutes until she got worn down and my buddy got her netted. I was in shock and ecstatic that I had finally caught my first trophy trout. We didnít have a tape but we both figured the fish was around 20Ē so Iím just going to call it that lol.

All in all it was a hell of a day fishing and a day Iíll never forget. Now on to that brook trout Iíve been hunting...
    Attached Files

Sweet! Oink, oink.

Comment

Originally posted by PHL425 View Post
      Me and a buddy decided to try the public section of the Soque today. I didnít know that a public section even existed before today...

The morning started off good. We scouted out the parking areas and decided to start right at the bridge.We were in the water at around 9am and started hooking into stocker browns right out of the gate.

We started fishing upstream about 200 yards past the bridge and out of no where a huge rainbow smashed my #22 flashback midge. I fought her for about 8 minutes until she got worn down and my buddy got her netted. I was in shock and ecstatic that I had finally caught my first trophy trout. We didnít have a tape but we both figured the fish was around 20Ē so Iím just going to call it that lol.

All in all it was a hell of a day fishing and a day Iíll never forget. Now on to that brook trout Iíve been hunting...
      Where is public section located? I'll be up in that area the weekend after labor and would love to try my hand!

Comment

Dude nice work! That fish looks to have been in there a long time!

You were right up the road from me today, making me want to swing out there from the jobsite on lunch. Itís like .5 miles from there.
        I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by manderson2228 View Post
          Where is public section located? I'll be up in that area the weekend after labor and would love to try my hand!
          Its off of Hwy 197 at Jackson bridge. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
            Dude nice work! That fish looks to have been in there a long time!

You were right up the road from me today, making me want to swing out there from the jobsite on lunch. Itís like .5 miles from there.
            Thanks brotha! We figured it had washed down from some of the private water. Nice man, the fishing was awesome today. You ought to try tomm. Id be set if I could get a nice brown like you've got in your profile pic!

Comment

Originally posted by manderson2228 View Post
              Just pass the dip on Hwy 197.

Comment

Congratulations on a super nice fish.

Comment

Working...
                X