My best Brook Trout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best Brook Trout

Who would of thought? Already 12 in the afternoon, maybe we'll have enough time to get some fishing in. Got to make the 2 hour drive to my favorite stream. Maybe we'll give this new feeder stream a try, we always talk about it? My brother and I both only expected small wild rainbows and maybe a decent brown or two to come out of it. We got to the beginning of the stream and knew it was going to be a rough one. Fallen trees and a massive tangle of Laurel. The only way up the stream is right in the middle of it. We manage a couple casts here and there with our trusty cheap ultra light spinning rods. Our best we could do was 2-3 inch long micro rainbows. We were having a blast catching these tiny guys. Then we came across a log jam, real nasty one. Seemed like a good spot to take a break and eat while we decide how we're going to get over this thing. I finished my protein bar and decided I might as well fish while I wait for my brother to finish. I could see a couple spots I could cast into the tangle of fallen trees and get a decent retrieve with my spinner. Saw a couple of micro trout follow me out a few times and maybe some chub. Then it came out from the shadows. Thought I had a decent rainbow on until it jumped and splashed, my brother said "that's a Brook trout!" The fight was over as soon as it started because the pool was not too big. Got my picture and not a minute later, released it and saw it swim back into the tangle. Caught it on a size 1 panther martin brass body all silver inline spinner. Would of been nice to get a size on this guy but I never carry a tape measure in my trout bag. This easily trumped my previous pb Brook trout. The only other Brook trout I have ever caught was a tiny 2 1/2 inch micro Brookie.
    Brook trout back in the water ready to dart off under the log jam

my previous best brook trout

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FMJHP; 09-23-18, 07:35 AM.

Man, what a fish! Congrats! It's going to be tough to top that bad boy. The scenery is beautiful too.

Comment

Awesome Brook Trout!

Comment

Amazing fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing is awesome! What a great surprise Iím sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          _yero on instagram

Comment

Man, that is a freaking monster! Big bait = big fish. You shoulda hung that toad on the wall man!

Comment

Is that picture of the creek the tributary?! That is a seriously large trib. if so! Congrats on catching that beefy brook.

Comment

Rowdy, rowdy, rowdy. Thatís a hoss.
                I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Maybe that Brookie is eating some micro Rainbows. I wish it well in taking over that creek.

Comment

Very nice fish! Beautiful scenery!
                    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

What a great spec. Congratulations.

Comment

That is one large spec. Congrats. Congrats one a brook of a lifetime with one that size.

Comment

Just wow!! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                          X