Anyone fish Smith Creek lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fish Smith Creek lately?

Has anyone fished Smith's lately? Is is worth making a trip given there won't be any stocking until DH time and it still thinks its summer even though my calendar reads October.

Trying to find somewhere that still might hold a few fish for my son and I to go mid-week this week.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to catch stockers? There are a bunch still at wildcat creek in Rabun County.

Comment

Seems like I read on the Dredger report that Smith Creek upstream from the lake is full of stockers right now, but I havenít been myself to confirm or deny.

Comment

Stockers are fine. My son is neck deep in school and doesn't get to fish much right now. Just trying to find somewhere we can catch something.

I'll check out Dredgers report.

Thanks!

Comment

I'll check out the report.

Thanks!

Comment

There should still be stocked fish above the lake up towards the picnic areas. The DH section is not going to be worth your time, at least untill the DH starts up.
            Jackson Dockery
            sigpic
            My Instagram
            Unicoi Outfitters

Comment

Thanks. I've never fished above the lake. How do you access that section?

Comment

Originally posted by flyflinger View Post
                Thanks. I've never fished above the lake. How do you access that section?
                Coming from helen, before you cross the dam, there is a road to your left that says somthing along the lines of “anna ruby falls hiking and picnic shelters”. Take that left and follow the road until you see the stream, the road goes right over it. Before the bridge, there is a gravel parking lot to your right you can park at next to the picnic shelters.
                Jackson Dockery
                sigpic
                My Instagram
                Unicoi Outfitters

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X