http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/FernValleyBanner_2014.gif
http://georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/2012NovNGTOBanner.gif

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too hot for blue-lining?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Too hot for blue-lining?

    It's been unseasonably hot for October, and I was hoping for the experts' thoughts on how the warmer weather affects fishing at higher elevations on smaller streams. Is the key fish higher? Deeper? No effect? Thanks, guys.

  • #2
    Originally posted by batemantrout47 View Post
    It's been unseasonably hot for October, and I was hoping for the experts' thoughts on how the warmer weather affects fishing at higher elevations on smaller streams. Is the key fish higher? Deeper? No effect? Thanks, guys.
    Thanks anyways. I caught a bunch of these guys but didnít hike far enough in for the brookies.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Too hot for blue-lining?

      Glad you had some success. Always cool to see those sparklers.

      On a weather note, TS Michael might give the mountains some relief in the middle of this week.

      https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...?cone#contents


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Trout8myfly; 10-07-18, 09:23 PM.
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by batemantrout47 View Post
        Thanks anyways. I caught a bunch of these guys but didnít hike far enough in for the brookies.
        I know it's sacrilege, but I think I would rather catch those than the brookies.

        Nice fish.
        If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by THE EG View Post
          I know it's sacrilege, but I think I would rather catch those than the brookies.

          Nice fish.
          I agree. I think the hike/adventure to speck waters is way more fun than the actual fishing, even though they do taste better. In truth, I'd much much prefer to dupe a larger wild brown trout into eating my ugly tied fly ... and I don't mind hiking in for them either.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's best to have a stream thermometer to really know what the weather has done to the stream temp's. Above 67 or so, it's recommended not to fish; at that point, yes, go higher if possible. Nice pix and good job catching those trouts.
            "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

            Comment

            Working...
            X