sunday blue line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunday blue line

I headed up to my only known brookie stream to catch some before it gets too cold and too see some of the fall colors. The last time I fished it I had around 10 to hand on a orange stimulator pattern before it got too dark.

This trip wasn't as successful as I only had 3 to hand on the day. One on the same stimulator pattern and the other two on a pink squirmy worm. I saw fish but the bite just wasn't as hot. The three fish that I did catch were gems which made the trip completely worth it.

Do I need to change my approach in the colder months on blue lines or does the bite just turn off until the water temp rises back up next spring?

Originally posted by PHL425 View Post
    I headed up to my only known brookie stream to catch some before it gets too cold and too see some of the fall colors. The last time I fished it I had around 10 to hand on a orange stimulator pattern before it got too dark.

This trip wasn't as successful as I only had 3 to hand on the day. One on the same stimulator pattern and the other two on a pink squirmy worm. I saw fish but the bite just wasn't as hot. The three fish that I did catch were gems which made the trip completely worth it.

Do I need to change my approach in the colder months on blue lines or does the bite just turn off until the water temp rises back up next spring?
    Brook trout are pretty near dormant from post-spawn up until at least the late winter warmups.

Comment

Working...
    X