November Brookies on the Fly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Brookies on the Fly

I’ve been searching for many years for a stream where I could catch these little beauties. This weekend, my work finally paid off. We probably caught 30 of these over the weekend and a nice wild rainbow before we reached the barrier falls.

I can definitely say that the years of striking out were all worth it to finally strike gold. Thanks to everyone here for the tips

IMG_3928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. I am/was hoping to chase a few tomorrow, but this dang weather

Comment

Congrats on catching the Brook Trout, and the nice bow. Great pictures. Wherever you are at is beautiful.

Comment

Thanks. I should add that the go-to setup was a royal wulff dry with an 18 copper John dropped about three feet below.

Comment

What type of camera or phone did you use to take the pictures? They crystal clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout Hunter 18 View Post
            What type of camera or phone did you use to take the pictures? They crystal clear.

Most were taken from my friend’s iPhone XR, but a few were from my old 6s.

Comment

The picture of the creek with the fall colors on the trees in one that you could frame.

Comment

Ordinarily I would say that looks just like a postcard but ever since I started trying to fly fish all a I can think of is "Man I could stay tangled up in those trees for hours"

Comment

Originally posted by batemantrout47 View Post
                  Thanks. I should add that the go-to setup was a royal wulff dry with an 18 copper John dropped about three feet below.

Good choice - but a Royal Wolf or Stimulator, without droppers work well too. Keep us posted.
                  Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Great post!

Originally posted by batemantrout47 View Post
                    I’ve been searching for many years for a stream where I could catch these little beauties. This weekend, my work finally paid off. We probably caught 30 of these over the weekend and a nice wild rainbow before we reached the barrier falls.

I can definitely say that the years of striking out were all worth it to finally strike gold. Thanks to everyone here for the tips

[ATTACH]18087[/ATTACH]

Wonderful images! Congrats & Thanks for sharing!
                    “This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.”
                    Rudyard Kipling, Kim

Comment

Working...
                    X