Looking for guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for guide

I will be on the annual pilgrimage to the mountains in a few weeks and can’t wait to get out of this tropical wasteland. Going to be in the Clayton area and my wife is telling me to book a trip! Pretty familiar with my stream options but... any good recommendations? Not really interested in the soque since those will be closed for summer, but looking at 1/2 day trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id contact Chattooga River Fly Shop and see if you can set up a trip with them. Really great folks!
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

What a trip. Spent a week in Wnc and the around Clayton. Was going to get a guide but after day one had to change the plans. House we rented was on a small steam that we had stayed on about 2 miles down where I had access. This part was almost like a ditch. Even though I wasn’t that optimistic it did have a few surprising fish.

Between this and another well known stream that there are several mentioned...

Lumis you hit it a month ago. Had 7 days in a row with at least one trout. Mostly on some beetles I had tied with a dropper (prince)

North Georgia was beautiful. Thanks to ken at reeves in Clayton and Wes at Unicoi the tallulah was awesome. Nice river and on the weekdays nobody there. Took some climbing but another 5 days with trout.

So got home yesterday and the tropics are back. 90 degrees and 90% humidity so decided to go to local subdivision pond (@splatek). To confirm what I applied to your mountains would work.

Comment

Heck yeah dude! Going into conditions/fisheries you dont fish much and squaring em up is the juice!

I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Just up the hill is western NC. The Tuck fly shop - either location - has some great local guides and always good intel. About the Tuck ............ Ever caught a smallmouth on the fly on a float trip?

Comment

Well aware of the tuck shops and might just try a float trip either this fall or next spring. The guys at both shops were very helpful when I was up last summer and I did put their sticker on my pickup truck!

Comment

Working...
            X