Fishin' the Toccoa DH 12-18-11/12-31-11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishin' the Toccoa DH 12-18-11/12-31-11

Here are a few pics from the last couple of fishing trips on the Toccoa DH. Fishing has been good for us. We have been catching them on size 10 olive wooly buggers and 14-16 soft hackles.
    Last edited by hcarroll; 12-31-11, 09:25 PM.

Cool pix! There are times when I think soft hackles should be illegal, but thankfully I just shut up and keep fishing!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Are u dropping the SH off of the WB or fishing it by itself?

Comment

I was fishing the soft hackles by themselves. I tied them useing squirell tail for the tail. I dubbed squirell hair for the body and peacock herl for the thorax. Hungarian partridge for the hackle. The last few times we have went they have been deadly on the dead drift and swinging them. I tied some olive and sculpin colored wolly buggers that my brothers used. yesterday my brother hooked one on his 3 weight he never slowed down and we never saw.

Comment

Toccoa 12/26

Hey Hcarroll were you fishing it on 12/26 with 2 or 3 other guys?

Comment

Yes, I and my twin brothers were fishing that day. Here are some of the soft hackles I tied that have been working very well.

Comment

nice fish were do you buy your flies

Comment

Dalton boys

Not a bad post for a bunch of redcoats. It's good to see ya'll getting across the river (Chatsworth hwy) and finding some real living.
                tight lines!
                Are you water dancing or too drunk to wade?

Comment

Cool!!!

Im the guy in the grey jeep. I got skunked that day but I know why.....I was not getting my fly deep enough I was not using any drop shot so my flys were not getting down to the fish.

Comment

The water was moving at 380 cfs that day. I was using 2 split shot and wore them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X