Big Toccoa Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Toccoa Brown

Check out this huge brown that came out of the Toccoa. It was caught with the help of one of Unicoi Outfitter's guides, (Jimmy Harris posted this on Facebook). I know the Toccoa is not the river it use to be, but there are still some hogs swimming around in there! My goodness!

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

That's cool. The guy on the right is Daniel something. Met him at JB once with s Spey rod, real nice guy. Believe he guides also in Alaska and maybe out of AO.
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

The Secret

Want to know the secret to catching big browns (and rainbows)? Look at the water. Saw a photo of a brown caught on the Davidson River here in NC about a week ago that went over 30". Fish was so big it was almost scary looking!

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
        Want to know the secret to catching big browns (and rainbows)? Look at the water. Saw a photo of a brown caught on the Davidson River here in NC about a week ago that went over 30". Fish was so big it was almost scary looking!
        100% Correct. All my biggest browns in the east have come from stained water and rainy days, and any streamer fisherman or lunker hunter would agree. The Davidson and Dukes creek are both prime examples of this phenomenon. Completely diffrent fisheries at
        clear water vs stained.
        Jackson Dockery
        sigpic
        My Instagram
        Unicoi Outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by ferrulewax View Post
          100% Correct. All my biggest browns in the east have come from stained water and rainy days, and any streamer fisherman or lunker hunter would agree. The Davidson and Dukes creek are both prime examples of this phenomenon. Completely diffrent fisheries at
          clear water vs stained.
          Amazing fish!

The part that man hours on a body of water plays in catching big fish plays is not to be understated either.

There's a reason you keep banging away. A lot of times big fish that get caught on a stain made their mistake weeks prior.

The guys catching these fish whip it on low water, bad conditions all the time. Just trying to move a fish in clear water to give away location. THEN you go get him on good water.
          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Oink, oink!

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
              True story; the spool fell off in the middle of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                Amazing fish!

The part that man hours on a body of water plays in catching big fish plays is not to be understated either.

There's a reason you keep banging away. A lot of times big fish that get caught on a stain made their mistake weeks prior.

The guys catching these fish whip it on low water, bad conditions all the time. Just trying to move a fish in clear water to give away location. THEN you go get him on good water.
                Or they're out walking the banks, getting up in the trees. Not fishing. Just watching.

Comment

Working...
                X