Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haders gonna hate

Comment

The rower (guide) was doing a fine job for his client. He was handling the fish perfectly. He was putting his client on fish. All good stuff.

I hope he learned a thing or two about treating waders in high water and giving them space because I embarrassed the crap out of him in front of his client (whom stayed silent during the whole exchange -so not a friend). I am also glad that some on this board know him and have brought this up with him ( what I had hoped for).

It makes perfect sense for the young man to relate the story differently and for those that know him and not me to believe him. I get that.

Perhaps this will encourage him to treat waders with more respect than he did to me and act more professionally. That will be good for everyone.

I think that is the point of NGTO -education and promoting the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by dink View Post
        They are always 2 sides of the story. That's just not cool to take a guys picture
        and set behind a key board and call someone a punk.
        dink
        See, I think it's totally fine to take a picture of these dickheads, post em on the board and call them out. I, personally, have zero tolerance for that BS- esp. since it doesn't appear to be crowded. I'd of told them to keep on going- if they chose to stand pat, I would've been casting all up in their **** until they got the point...
        Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... R. Hunter

Comment

Every photo is a snapshot of a moment in time. There is a video that led up to that moment and a video after the moment. No photo tells a story. the video before and after must be seen to even begin to try and understand the story. The story like every piece of paper I have ever held has two sides. I have learned over the years of goat farming to not believe anything I hear and only half of what I see.

When it comes to fishing I take a fish or two at any given spot and then move on to the next run or hole. Fishing is not so much about the catching for me. It is about the experience of being outdoors, enjoying the beauty of the day, being able to breath(too many lose that option too soon).

If I guy appears to barge in on me, I take a moment to consider I may have barged in on someone else sometime in my life. Heck maybe I am doing it now to someone and this is giving me an opportunity to look in the mirror and see where I might self correct my own life.

I hope everyone has a great Fall of fishing and enjoying the beauty of the surroundings while in the water.

Comment

We live in a time where nobody is wrong. But I gotta admit I do enjoy watching a good Millennial cat fight. Key in the bluesy guitar licks:

There's battle lines being drawn
            Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
            Young people speaking their minds
            Getting so much resistance from behind
            It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
            Everybody look what's going down
            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
            Simple Goat Herder
            Former NGTO President
            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I had an experience on the Toccoa DH section last year with a guide. My son and I were wading and were about 30 yards apart from each other. We were near the water level gauge. A couple of trucks pulled up right next to our vehicle (meaning they knew we were there). A father and two sons and a guy that was an obvious guide came and plopped down right in between my son and I. They never spoke a word to us. The younger son sat on a rock and threw stuff into the river. He also fell in the water a couple of times. I told my son that we should just find another spot and that’s what we did.

I have great respect for guides. I have been on a lot of guided trips. I respect someone that is trying to make a living. If the guide would have said he was with some clients and asked if we minded, I would have said sure. I was just put off that he knew we were there and failed to even acknowledge us. And he was setting a bad example for the young anglers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                We live in a time where nobody is wrong. But I gotta admit I do enjoy watching a good Millennial cat fight. Key in the bluesy guitar licks:

There's battle lines being drawn
                Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
                Young people speaking their minds
                Getting so much resistance from behind
                It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
                Everybody look what's going down
                Are you are calling me a Mellennial? That is a first.

Comment

I'm confused

So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You are wading and see a boat upstream from you. You move downstream when they start getting close. They float down river (as most boats end up doing) and slip past you. You jump out of the water again and run around below (50yds, which isn't much) and then get pissed when lo and behold, the boat shows up again. You took a picture "for some reason" then you snap on them.

Sounds like to me that you kept putting yourself in the direct path of them and were just looking for a fight. You don't just take a picture of the only people on the river for "some reason" but it sounds like you went around them again just to take a picture and confront them after they were already past you.

Also, I'm sure they didn't know that there were only three spots on the entire stretch of river that you were capable of fishing. I mean, if I were in a boat, floated past you and kept seeing you run around me and jump back in the river, I would have been pissed at you and wondering if you were just trying to get in the way. If you really wanted to avoid them, could have went up stream.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish1235 View Post
                    So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You are wading and see a boat upstream from you. You move downstream when they start getting close. They float down river (as most boats end up doing) and slip past you. You jump out of the water again and run around below (50yds, which isn't much) and then get pissed when lo and behold, the boat shows up again. You took a picture "for some reason" then you snap on them.
                    First poster/possible troll,

What part of this do you not understand?

Originally posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
                    Nope, you were not in his place. Anyone in a boat should respect where the wading angler is fishing.
                    Removed the use of "punk" in the OP's first thread as nothing constructive there.
                    Last edited by THE EG; 11-08-17, 08:46 AM.
                    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

No, not possible troll, I just have had enough watching from the sidelines and made an account because this thread is nonsense. To think that someone has to jump online and brag about embarrassing someone on the river and taking their picture is just uncalled for. The poster "let him have it", okay then, be done with it, grow up.

Sure, I understand that "Anyone in a boat should respect where the wading angler is fishing." And that is what the boat did to begin with and went past (After that it is just a matter of he said/she said). So the question I have is at what point does the "wading angler" become such a pain in the rear that it is impossible to fish without trying to race down the river to get away from him?

The other point is that common sense would tell you that yes, if the boat came down the river close to where you are fishing the first time, if you move below/around it again... the boat will come by again. And if you run by the boat again, what will it do? It is coming again.

Comment

This new guy has a point, boats do float.
                        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

My name is John and I was the guest on the pictured boat.
                          I understand that wading can be tricky and always want safety to be a priority for all anglers.
                          The perspective from the boat was that the wader was targeting the guide’s intended spots as we moved down river, and was purposely fishing ahead of us.
                          The guide was professional and polite throughout the exchange. The guide even noted a nice fish caught by the wader.

No one on the boat was embarrassed sir, and I encourage you to issue an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
                            This new guy has a point, boats do float.
                            But not aimlessly.

Hey, I wasn't there (though I'm starting to think that all three participants are posting in this thread by now) but fishing that DH is not child's play even during low flow. When the river's up there's truly only a few places for a wader.

Regardless, gotta go with Jimmy on this one. Lots of water there for a drift boat to access.
                            sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                            "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

I think everyone should chill out.

Looks like it was just a misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                                I think everyone should chill out.

Looks like it was just a misunderstanding.
                                Hey now, don't go being all reasonable.
                                sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                                "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Working...
                                X