Vogel's Lake Trahlyta Fishing Well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vogel's Lake Trahlyta Fishing Well

I know everyone is dialed in on the DH streams right now, but don't forget about Lake Trahlyta at Vogel State Park. They must have dumped a good number of trout in there as it was fishing great today. And the park is absolutely beautiful with the fall foilage hitting peak color.

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Great pics! Gorgeous scenery! Thanks for the update.
    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Buck,

Can you put a float tube or canoe, kayak, pontoon, etc in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
        Buck,

Can you put a float tube or canoe, kayak, pontoon, etc in there?
        Absolutely! I plan on heading back there soon with my kayak.

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Vogel is awesome. That's one of our favorite places to go nowadays as a family. Easy access, playgrounds for the kids, grills for burgers and brats, and decent-enough fishing to keep it fun.

Lauren and I were married on the pavilion over the lake, and my grandparents from Hiawassee went there on their first date 62 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
            I know everyone is dialed in on the DH streams right now, but don't forget about Lake Trahlyta at Vogel State Park. They must have dumped a good number of trout in there as it was fishing great today. And the park is absolutely beautiful with the fall foilage hitting peak color.

I'd like to take my grandson there soon... is bank fishing a good option?

Comment

Originally posted by richf7 View Post
              I'd like to take my grandson there soon... is bank fishing a good option?
              Wow, old post! But to answer your question; yes bank fishing is a very good option at Vogel and quite a few folks fish from the bank there. There is a trail that circles the lake with multiple spots that you can fish from. I have caught plenty of trout there casting a panther martin spinner from the bank.

Buck Henry
              Simple Goat Herder
              Former NGTO President
              Hall of Fame Member

Comment

The fish should be in there.

https://georgiawildlife.com/sites/de...utm_term=trout

Comment

Vogel looks like a good candidate to throw 10 inch glidebaits for big bass
                  I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                    This is how you know Browniez’ fishing focus has shifted, and it’s all a big ole spots fault, lol... 10lb-er comin up?
                    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                    -PH

Comment

Thanks. Unfamiliar with glidebaits and like everything fishing related
                      there are dozens of different types. Any advice on which works best or maybe
                      what to avoid?

Comment

what to avoid?
                        You can get big Hudds for $30-40 each but you need a big heavy rod for them
                        PETA GO HOME!!!

Comment

what to avoid?
                          I would take a few trips with a specialty fisherman in that area to see if it’s something you have a real interest in. If it is, dive in. If not, it saves you some money.

Each bait works very differently for each person. Two very accomplished big bait anglers I know favor two completely different styles, cause one in thorough and slow and the other is a reaction bait guy. One favors a hudd the other a Claw 230

Comment

I would take a few trips with a specialty fisherman in that area to see if it’s something you have a real interest in. If it is, dive in. If not, it saves you some money.

Each bait works very differently for each person. Two very accomplished big bait anglers I know favor two completely different styles, cause one in thorough and slow and the other is a reaction bait guy. One favors a hudd the other a Claw 230
                            If it wouldn’t mean shelling out for a heavy action rod and reel, I’d love to jump on the glide bait train. Those 10” rainbow patterns show up in discount bins all the time around here and they look like fun to throw. You’ll be the guy to know if the DNR ever gets back to stocking Muskie in Blue Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy waters View Post
                              If it wouldn’t mean shelling out for a heavy action rod and reel, I’d love to jump on the glide bait train. Those 10” rainbow patterns show up in discount bins all the time around here and they look like fun to throw. You’ll be the guy to know if the DNR ever gets back to stocking Muskie in Blue Ridge.
                              Shelling out is relative. You can get a good quality swimbait rod and reel capable of throwing 4 to 10 ounce baits for under 250 bucks.

All they are is 10 inch jerkbaits, and yes they are a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X