Chattooga DH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattooga DH

I was lucky enough to get out on Saturday and head up to my favorite river...........the Chattooga with Hillis. There is just something special about the Chattooga to me. It is absolutely beautiful especially at this time of year and the feeling of seclusion you get there is unmatched. The river was covered up with fishermen and most every nice deep fast run had someone fishing in it. One of the funniest things of the day was when me and Hillis came up on one of my favorite runs. It had two fishermen in it and I told Hillis that I was gonna fish slow with hopes that maybe they would leave soon. I pulled a few fish out of small pocket water while I was waiting. I then noticed there was now only one person fishing it so I waited. I see him re-rig and then he sits down and appears to be eating lunch!!! I finally gave up, hopped out of the river and went around him. It wasn't until later that I found out the guy I was waiting on to leave the run was Hillis who was waiting on me to join him. LMAO Anyway, with all the decent runs taken I had to turn my focus to the shallow pocket water and did really well. Hillis had taken an unexpected plunge and was freezing so we left when I caught fish number 40 which I had told him was my goal for the day. My two hot flies for the day were my candy corn fly and a pattern by George Daniel called Catnip. The fish weren't as big as I had wanted but they were all colored up and the river was breathtaking as usual. Can't wait to go back.

Hard to believe we carry all this gear for a day's fishing trip.
    Gear by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Beautiful Scenery
    Scenery by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Scenery by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Hillis with a nice Bow
    Hillis by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Bow by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Brown by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Leech by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Brown by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

Yes indeed it was a great day on the Chattooga! Kevin, you are correct it is a special place to fish. Thanks for the invite to fish with you. Congrats on reaching your goal, and you would have caught more had we not left early. Those are some beautiful fish you caught! A word of caution to those wading a sandy bottom next to a deep hole, don't do it!
    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Great looking fishes y'all got into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice fish. Looks like they were just lining up to get their picture taken!

Comment

Looks like a fun day guys I hope to join you sometime.
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            Looks like a fun day guys I hope to join you sometime.
            You have an open invitation if u can fit us in around your book signings and guest speaking engagements
            I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
            sigpic

Comment

...anybody fished lately...?

...we're going to visit friends in Dillard and while the gals are shopping, I thought I might sneak off to the West Fork or DH...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                ...anybody fished lately...?

...we're going to visit friends in Dillard and while the gals are shopping, I thought I might sneak off to the West Fork or DH...

Blessings!

Jimmy
                I haven't been recently, but if you do go, please keep an eye out for my Battenkill! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
                  Yes indeed it was a great day on the Chattooga! Kevin, you are correct it is a special place to fish. Thanks for the invite to fish with you. Congrats on reaching your goal, and you would have caught more had we not left early. Those are some beautiful fish you caught! A word of caution to those wading a sandy bottom next to a deep hole, don't do it!
                  I learned that lesson last year! The river there has changed some over the last several years. Used to be a nice, gradual slope and was easy to wade out a fair distance. Now it drops off steeply. I dang near got dunked last winter!

Comment

Working...
                  X