Ever see a Tiger in the wild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
    I'm itchin' to find out if they eat as good as a brook trout?!

Kyle, I was thinking exactly the same thing. My initial thought was, brook+ brown= greater than the sum of its parts.... Synergistic tastiness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are some great fish. Apparently it's time to head back to Ami.
      "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Originally posted by JHexom View Post
        Great fish. Not wild though; they were stocked privately in there and a few have made their way down into the DH section. Congrats!
        In the wild.....not "a" wild. I know the stars basically have to align for these guys to be created and it's definitely not happening in the Ami.
        "Releasing a fish is that much sweeter, letting go of the ephemeral back into the void, to return to where it, and our dreams, can grow." - Jason Tucker

Instagram @_big_wurm

Comment

Absolute beautiful fish.
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain

Comment

So tiger trout are a cross breeding of brown and brookies?

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaporsky View Post
              So tiger trout are a cross breeding of brown and brookies?
              Yeah, brook milt on brown eggs.

Comment

Congrats to both of you on those Tigers. I wish I could say I caught a tiger by the tail - it's plain to see.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

Here is a wild one I caught in Wyoming

(If the attached pics actually show up)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cgarofalo View Post
                    (If the attached pics actually show up)
                    Now that is a true unicorn. Congrats, that fish is an absolute gem.
                    "Releasing a fish is that much sweeter, letting go of the ephemeral back into the void, to return to where it, and our dreams, can grow." - Jason Tucker

Instagram @_big_wurm

Comment

Wild tigers do exist in GA. Very limited in wastershed.

I have heard tell of 3 from reliable sources. One gentleman that has caught 2.

Those 3 fish were caught across about 40 years though. Only one recently.
                      I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                        Wild tigers do exist in GA. Very limited in wastershed.

I have heard tell of 3 from reliable sources. One gentleman that has caught 2.

Those 3 fish were caught across about 40 years though. Only one recently.
                        Occasionally someone on this forum stumbles across one while bluelining. Nothing like that, though. I'll bet that the owners of the private waters would like for them to come home before Lemon Pepper Day.

Comment

Originally posted by smurfettejen View Post

Thatís why I catch and release. Caught that same guy last week! Freaking one in a million! Who would of thought at Ami. Guy in the parking lot didnít believe me for a second.

Fourth post, and you have the whole board jealous. I'll bet that even most HOF members have never even seen a Tiger.

Comment

I caught one on the Tuck about 10 years ago. I took a pic and sent it to the NC DNR, and asked if they stock them. The response was "no", and the guy asked if he could have my permission to use the pic in his presentations, which I naturally said 'Of course!". So, if you see a NC DNR presentation with a Tiger Trout pic, that was my pic.

BTW, it was a dink compared to the one pictured in this thread, that thing is amazing!

FM
                            The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
                              Fourth post, and you have the whole board jealous. I'll bet that even most HOF members have never even seen a Tiger.

Lol. Yeah. Sorry. Iím not usually one to brag. I just had to share in budwicks joy for his one in a million fish. If it was stocked by private water so be it. Never thought I would catch that sucker!

Comment

What private water is near the ami dh?
                                -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Working...
                                X