Amicalola DH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amicalola DH

Fished the DH section by Steele Brige down to power lines in yesterday’s rain. No luck dredging a black wooly bugger with a san juan worn dropper. Bouncing it off the rocks. Water was clear, running a little high, not bad. Better than doing anything else.
    Did see an otter, hope it’s not fishing. Dry cool sight.

There's really only been a couple spots working for me there and they've been super picky. Smaller the better.
    -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
        I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...
        Based on what I experienced at paces a couple of times early in the year, and the reports I've seen on here, I'd reckon your best bet for DH fish is Smith's.
        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Maveric View Post
            Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!
            Try your luck this weekend my good sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Smith was stocked yesterday. I was there when the stocking truck arrived. Bite was slow/non existent for a couple of hours after the stocking, and then it picked up a good bit.
              "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Ahhh the salvation of freshly stocked fish. Caught 20ish in a couple hours. A couple of pretty ones.
                -skunked

Comment

"THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Browns View Post
                    "THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?
                    Man, would have loved to join ya, but couldn't do it today.

I'm hoping to head out there later this week though!

Jakk - You saying they fed the otters?? Appreciate the heads up!

Comment

Last week's stocking report:

http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/def...ing_Report.pdf

Comment

The fishing was great Today! I managed a few dozen in about 2 hours. I was fishing my new Moonshine Midnight Special 10' 3wt for the 1st time. I can't say enough good things about this rod! I was feeling takes before I was seeing my sighter twitch!

The downside of the day was coming back to my truck to find that someone had slashed up my rolling truck bed cover. It looks like they were in the process of trying to steal my Rtic cooler and gear bin when they got spooked by something or someone. They didn't take anything and for that I feel lucky. I had an extra CFO reel and some other misc gear in there that would of sucked if I had lost it. The cover is ruined and I'm out $400 clams! I have 127+p+ reasons why it's probably best I didn't catch them in the act!!!

I will not be deterred from going back there....I will not let the thieves win! Be careful folks and don't ever take more than you're willing to lose! Lesson learned on my end!

Originally posted by Maveric View Post
                        Man, would have loved to join ya, but couldn't do it today.

I'm hoping to head out there later this week though!

Jakk - You saying they fed the otters?? Appreciate the heads up!

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

The fishing was great Today! I managed a few dozen in about 2 hours. I was fishing my new Moonshine Midnight Special 10' 3wt for the 1st time. I can't say enough good things about this rod! I was feeling takes before I was seeing my sighter twitch!

The downside of the day was coming back to my truck to find that someone had slashed up my rolling truck bed cover. It looks like they were in the process of trying to steal my Rtic cooler and gear bin when they got spooked by something or someone. They didn't take anything and for that I feel lucky. I had an extra CFO reel and some other misc gear in there that would of sucked if I had lost it. The cover is ruined and I'm out $400 clams! I have 127+p+ reasons why it's probably best I didn't catch them in the act!!!

I will not be deterred from going back there....I will not let the thieves win! Be careful folks and don't ever take more than you're willing to lose! Lesson learned on my end!
                          Whoa, 53 or Steele bridge? I foolishly feel comfortable leaving stuff in plain sight at Steele bridge which may need to change. I do know there is a bear in that area if it could've been that.
                          -skunked

Comment

It was at Steele Bridge. It wasn't a bear unless he had a razor knife with a steady hand. Pretty sure this critter was of the two legged variety.

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
                            Whoa, 53 or Steele bridge? I foolishly feel comfortable leaving stuff in plain sight at Steele bridge which may need to change. I do know there is a bear in that area if it could've been that.

sigpic

Comment

It was at Steele Bridge. It wasn't a bear unless he had a razor knife with a steady hand. Pretty sure this critter was of the two legged variety.
                              That sucks, two legged creatures are the worst.
                              -skunked

Comment

Working...
                              X