Toccoa is fishing good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toccoa is fishing good

Fishing the toccoa this weekend. Fished the DH on saturday and caught 24 and fished horseshoe bend today and caught 15 in just over 2 hours. I was rained on the entire time both days but it was worth every minute. Today at horseshoe I had the entire river to myself and it was absolutely wonderful rain and all. The hot flies for me were a size 18 JLO nymph, size 16 candy corn, and a black bead headed micro leech. Here are a few pics

20180128_115303 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180128_111140 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180127_160625 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180128_115109 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180128_113633 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180128_112229 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180128_110702 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180127_164121 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180127_153956 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180127_153158 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

Nice day! congratulations. I will be up that way in a couple weeks.

Comment

Went straight to the pics and comments, did not see the name on the post, but when I read that a candy corn fly and black bead head leach were flys that worked it immediately struck me that this was probably a posting by Prowler. Candy corn, black bead head leach, Prowler's signature flys. Congrats on a good day on the river. Great pics!
      Last edited by HILLIS LANIER; 01-29-18, 06:57 AM.
      "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
        Went straight to the pics and comments, did not see the name on the post, but when I read that a candy corn fly and black bead head leach were flys that worked it immediately struck me that this was probably a posting by Prowler. Candy corn, black bead head leach, Prowler's signature flys. Congrats on a good day on the river. Great pics!
        Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it right?
        I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it right?
          I see a J-Lo or two mixed in.
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            I see a J-Lo or two mixed in.
            Yeah actually the JLO was the top fly with the leech and the candy corn coming in 2nd and 3rd. Was good to see it have good results on the toccoa.

------Team Norvise------
            sigpic

Comment

Some big big browns are coming out as well!!! Saw some great fish that came out over the past two weeks. I will see if I can post a pic or two...
              #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
              -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
              -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                Some big big browns are coming out as well!!! Saw some great fish that came out over the past two weeks. I will see if I can post a pic or two...
                My wife and i have land on the toccoa and are building up there this year so hopefully a few of those big boys will have my name on them!!

------Team Norvise------
                sigpic

Comment

My wife and i have land on the toccoa and are building up there this year so hopefully a few of those big boys will have my name on them!!
                  Now I know who to bribe for river time, lol!!!
                  #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                  -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                  -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                  -PH

Comment

The leech! A fly that never disappoints. How small do you go on your leeches Prowler? I've been tying up some micro mohair leeches this week as I'm getting low. Been tying lots of micro leeches that were the winner all throughout the year for me last year. They're a #14. Wondering how small other guys go?
                    Good fishing on the Toccoa! You've had some good days!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                      The leech! A fly that never disappoints. How small do you go on your leeches Prowler? I've been tying up some micro mohair leeches this week as I'm getting low. Been tying lots of micro leeches that were the winner all throughout the year for me last year. They're a #14. Wondering how small other guys go?
                      Good fishing on the Toccoa! You've had some good days!
                      I was fishing size 12 short shank jig hook with slotted tungsten bead so it probably appeared smaller than 12 lengthwise but had wide hook gap.

------Team Norvise------
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                        Now I know who to bribe for river time, lol!!!
                        Bottle of grey goose always works.

------Team Norvise------
                        sigpic

Comment

Can I pitch a tent there the next time I raft the Ocoee?

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
                            Can I pitch a tent there the next time I raft the Ocoee?
                            Sure I see "Prowler's Campground" opening in the near future.

------Team Norvise------
                            sigpic

Comment

Sure I see "Prowler's Campground" opening in the near future.
                              I can see it now. Smelly waders hung up in every tree and TU liscense plates as far as the eye can see.
                              You’re sure to be a hit with the neighbors...
                              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Working...
                              X