Weekend of 20" creeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend of 20" creeks

So with all the rain that we have had, I got out the map and found this creek that runs along some Wildlife Management land that was rumored to have some decent fish in it. I had to hike several miles and spend the night above the creek. Rumor had it that the actual creek is on private property, but I didn't see any such signs. I did wait until a car pulled out of the driveway before making my descent into the creek.
    It didn't take long before I was rewarded with a beautiful rainbow:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Managed to land a few more before I heard an approaching vehicle and decided enough was enough.

The next day we found a boat tied to a tree on the Toccoa tailwater. We decided to borrow it for a few hours and drop it off at Horsehoe Bend Park. Didn't do as well on the creek yet managed this nice rainbow:
    [IMG][/IMG]

All in all it was a fantastic weekend of fishing and Eagle viewing. Saw two flying up and down the river. Also managed to see a Sand Crane. I hope everyone enjoyed their days outdoors.

Haha nice writeup. I give it a 8.5/10 for not shooting the crane and eagle.

Comment

Awesome post. Gonzo at its finest!

Comment

Wow, quite a report. Full of "mischief".

Pretty as heck bow.
        @glennmau

Comment

9/10 for not cooking your catch on a hibachi !
          "If you aren`t fishing out West.... well you`re just plain fishing"

Comment

You feel like a big man, sneaking around catching private fish and stealing boats... What HAS this world come to?!?

-skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Skunked,
              I'm sorry you have such a dark view on life. We didn't't steal the boat. we borrowed and put in a safer place. We left a note on the tree on where to pick it up.

Comment

Was the note laminated?
                -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Dang Scott, I told you to quit borrowing peoples boats! If this keeps up, I will get a petition going to kick you off of Cherry Log Mountain.

Some people!
                  Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                  Simple Goat Herder
                  Former NGTO President
                  Hall of Fame Member

Comment

"I am just borrowing your car! Here's a note where to find it later." - Car thief

Originally posted by eyeflyfish View Post
                    Skunked,
                    I'm sorry you have such a dark view on life. We didn't't steal the boat. we borrowed and put in a safer place. We left a note on the tree on where to pick it up.
                    @glennmau

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                      Dang Scott, I told you to quit borrowing peoples boats! If this keeps up, I will get a petition going to kick you off of Cherry Log Mountain.

Some people!
                      Buck, When you bailed me out of jail the last time, I explained I only borrow them for the greater good. It isn't just about fishing.

I am not even going to tell them about the cabin that had the welcome sign out front and how I had to climb through a window to get in and make the peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeflyfish View Post
                        Buck, When you bailed me out of jail the last time, I explained I only borrow them for the greater good. It isn't just about fishing.

I am not even going to tell them about the cabin that had the welcome sign out front and how I had to climb through a window to get in and make the peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
                        After this post, I changed my doormat out for one with swords and a cannon on it, just to avoid confusion.
                        -skunked

Comment

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
                          You feel like a big man, sneaking around catching private fish and stealing boats... What HAS this world come to?!?

Originally posted by gau16 View Post
                          "I am just borrowing your car! Here's a note where to find it later." - Car thief

Shenanigans.
                          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
                            Shenanigans.
                            The forum should have a like button.
                            -skunked

Comment

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. I mean, it sounds like something I would have done when I was a teen. I am just not sure if the "maybe trespassing" so I waited for the car to leave the driveway and "definitely used a boat that wasn't mine" part is a joke or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X