Toccoa still fishing good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toccoa still fishing good

I braved the bad weather last weekend and hit the toccoa. The tailwater is still fishing good. I caught fish on nymphs, streamers and even a few on my dry fly indicator while dry dropping. I caught about 30 tiny stream born bows which did my heart good knowing that they are in the river. Now I just hope they grow and prosper. I also caught a few fish on a sex dungeon which helped my confidence in fishing big streamers. Here are some pics from the trip.

FOTO_20180522_220036 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215926 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215857 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215804 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215732 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215702 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215620 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215543 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215506 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215337 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

FOTO_20180522_215305 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

can't wait

you're driving me nuts
    i'll soon have a stretch near you

Comment

Yeah it's good to see those baby bows! Crazy you could catch/detect them haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      _yero on instagram

Comment

SUHWEET!!!

Kevin,

I have not looked any info regarding the holiday weekend but do you think I could float my 12ft jon up there this weekend? Has a beefy prop guard but I am guessing it would be easier with a release.
        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

Originally posted by lot69 View Post
          you're driving me nuts
          Sounds good man. Let me know when you are settled in and we will meet up and do some exploring together.
          I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lot69 View Post
            you're driving me nuts
            Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
            Kevin,

I have not looked any info regarding the holiday weekend but do you think I could float my 12ft jon up there this weekend? Has a beefy prop guard but I am guessing it would be easier with a release.
            Phil I've seen several people come by in Jon boats recently heading down toward curtis switch. I have only ever floated it in a kayak though so I am not really the one to advise you on that. Dont want to tell you wrong. Maybe someone else with more experience floating the toccoa can chime in.

------Team Norvise------
            sigpic

Comment

I am not an expert on the river but I would think a Jon boat with a motor would be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatbone View Post
                I am not an expert on the river but I would think a Jon boat with a motor would be a bad idea.
                Come to think of it the jon boats that I have seen come through my stretch recently were around 12-14 foot and no outboard

------Team Norvise------
                sigpic

Comment

Cool to see those little guys in there for sure. Looks like fun buddy.
                  http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                    Cool to see those little guys in there for sure. Looks like fun buddy.
                    It is. You need to find some down time and come on up for a visit.

------Team Norvise------
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X