Amicalola DH is hitting hard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amicalola DH is hitting hard!

BIG stockies below the bridge! Caught 2 that were definitely photo worthy... Then plenty more standard stockie action to be had. Water temp is cool and most of the "typical" spots were real productive with nymphs and zebra midges.
    Attached Files
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean

Neat. I've only been to the Amicalola once. Sounds like I need to go again.

Great job.

Comment

Good to hear. I drove by there yesterday and thought, maybe... Then realized I didn't have a rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are no trout in the Amicalola DH!
        "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Where is a good place to get in the water at Amicola?

Comment

Good size fish. That second one was weeks away from not having any tail fin left.
            @glennmau

Comment

Originally posted by Rexabbot View Post
              Where is a good place to get in the water at Amicola?
              Take it from an angler who has been there; you don't want to be in the water but remaining upright at all times. If you go to HY 53 bridge then you can fish there without 2 much trouble and some good spots down to the bridge.

Just kidding about in the water but please be careful and take a wading staff as well.

Good luck.

Kelly Hinson

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Hinson View Post
                wading staff
                Good luck.

Kelly Hinson
                Yes, that.

Comment

Any reports of wayward tigers from nearby private waters?

Comment

Not for me: I was there yesterday. The water was super clear and just looked so dang fishy. But, in about 75 minutes, I caught 1, that's right 1 fish!
                    I tried everything from squirmies and mops, to naturals, nymphs, and midges. Nada. Ah well. A day on the stream sure does beat just about any other day.

Comment

anyone fished here lately? Is it flowing like the hooch with all this rain?

Comment

It is running up to 2nd step on canoe launch and to fast for safe wading or anything else, you might stand on the concrete pier and try that way but if you take to the water, you are risking a lot. I went by the other day and also Steele Bridge as well, same story on flow and height.

Comment

The gauge looks like itís been messed up, but it says itís at about 1.57. Depending on experience, Iíd say you want it at least below 1.3 if you know the area. Itís a sketchy wade, and if youíre not familiar it can be really dangerous.

Comment

Anybody been up there recently? Thinking of dropping by tomorrow if I get a chance.

Comment

I didn't think it's been stocked b/c water flows have been so strong.
                              Check stocking report and the trout info blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X