CASHING IN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASHING IN

I won the 1/2 day fishing trip with Capt. Dave Edens from www.flycastcharters.com at last year's Fall Fling. I got the chance to cash in this week. We went out Monday morning and despite less than optimal conditions, Capt. Dave put me on the redfish. I missed a few, then finally hooked up with this guy. It was sweet! This fish is doing an impression of a dalmatian, sporting 16 spots. If you get the chance to fish with Capt Dave, do it! He's the go to man for fishing the "marshes of Glynn."
    This is my first red, on the flyrod, on a fly I tied....pretty sweet

And finally a shout to scallen2112 who put me up for a few days, hooked me up on some trout and flounder Tuesday, and some sharks this morning before heading home. Had a good week!
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Nice Bill ! Glad you had a good trip.

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Nice report.

Comment

Great job, Preacher! Going after reds on a fly is on my to-do list as well!
        - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
        Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

It can be exciting and humbling. This was my second trip with Capt Dave. First trip I hooked up on one and lost it.This time I hooked up a couple of times and landed one. Its a learning curve, a lot like sight fishing for trout, but longer distance and moving targets instead of moving water....on second thought......
          Thanks Jed!

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

It was a pleasure having you. It is always a pleasure to host NGTO'ers. And that is a spectacular fish. It has the most spots of any I remember.
            Capt. Dave
            Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA
            "Hunting Fish in the Marshes of Glynn"
            www.flycastcharters.com
            FFF Certified Casting Instructor
            Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
              It can be exciting and humbling. This was my second trip with Capt Dave. First trip I hooked up on one and lost it.This time I hooked up a couple of times and landed one. Its a learning curve, a lot like sight fishing for trout, but longer distance and moving targets instead of moving water....on second thought......
              Thanks Jed!
              Congratulations! I just got my first redfish on the fly memorial day weekend. Definitely a challenge if the conditions aren't optimal. It was my third guided trip after going fishless for two!

Comment

Thanks. It was my second trip, and less than favorable conditions with wind at about 20knots. There were plenty of fish found, but getting a fly in front of them was tough. I'm planning another trip to the Golden Isles area later this year, possibly hitting the flood tides in October and finding some tailing fish in grass flats.
                Congrats on your fish! Where were you fishing?

Comment

I was fishing out of Hilton Head. We also saw plenty of fish, but getting them to eat was an issue. I got a relatively easy eat on the first one and then repeatedly flogged disinterested fish for half an hour until I bonked one on the head and he spite ate. Missed the hook set on that one though! Here is the one I landed:

Comment

Nice!!! If you're like me, you can't wait to get out there and get another one or two.

Comment

They are a lot of fun - I want to move down there now!

Comment

Working...
                      X