Red Fish in the Surf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Fish in the Surf

I took the morning off last week and surf fished with a fly rod in North Florida. It was a great morning sight fishing in water as clear as the Bahamas watching the schools of reds moving by. A 10 wt, intermediate line and a striper swiper fly were the tools of choice

Capt. Dave
    Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA
    "Hunting Fish in the Marshes of Glynn"
    www.flycastcharters.com
    FFF Certified Casting Instructor
    Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide

That's awesome. Road wins are always enjoyable.
    Can I soak the felt on my wading boots with CDC dressing and walk on water? If so, should I start a church? What should I call it?
    -FM

Comment

I sure wish the reds did that while I was in Daytona! At least they were biting in the surf at night!
      Trent Sizemore Photography
      Instagram

Comment

where in FL?

I'm making a trip to the panhandle this weekend (a few miles east of PCB). Wondering if the reds will be biting yet or if anything will. Any advice for breaking in my virgin 8wt?

Comment

David,

Could I get some more info on that fly? Name and/or recipe would be great, thanks.
          Can I soak the felt on my wading boots with CDC dressing and walk on water? If so, should I start a church? What should I call it?
          -FM

Comment

east of pCB

check out my Ft. Walton post, I fished from St. Andrews, all the way to Ft. Walton for the last 4 days....got a good handle on catching lots of different fish on the fly.
            "I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

Comment

Red Fish Surf Fly

Originally posted by ccorneli View Post
              David,

Could I get some more info on that fly? Name and/or recipe would be great, thanks.
              The fly is called the Striper Swiper. Basically it is a clouser style fly with a mylar tubing body. It should be tied on a long shank 1/0 hook, but all I had was a 34007 Mustad, but it worked.
              Capt. Dave
              Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA
              "Hunting Fish in the Marshes of Glynn"
              www.flycastcharters.com
              FFF Certified Casting Instructor
              Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide

Comment

Working...
              X