Late March/April Fishing in St. Simons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late March/April Fishing in St. Simons

I have been so busy lately, I haven't had time to sit down at the computer.
    I just posted a new fishing report on my web site for March and April. Here is a link:http://www.flycastcharters.com/2014/...port-st-simons

Most of the trips have been great. The most disappointing so far this year was with a fellow NGTO'er. I worked really hard to find the fish, but we had tough conditions that day--dark skies, wind and muddy water and we were not able to get hooked up.

The water is pretty muddy from the flooding rains of mid April right now, but they are clearing. We should be back to normal by the first full week of May, but we are catching fish now.

May is one of the best months of the year to sight fish for red fish. Plus, the triple tail are in front of Jekyll, and will be there until early June-or possibly later. This is a unique, challenging sight fishery.

If you have a chance to visit the coast, give me a call, and I promise I will do my best to get your string stretched. Here are a few pictures. Go to the web site for the complete report.

Tight line, strip strike and practice the double haul,

Capt. Dave
    Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA
    "Hunting Fish in the Marshes of Glynn"
    www.flycastcharters.com
    FFF Certified Casting Instructor
    Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide

see you on 20 May Dave

Comment

Hey Dave, every time I try to register on your site (to get the recipe's for patterns) I get an 'access denied' and a text box for a request to accept. My email is mike@hikers.net

Comment

Working...
      X